Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Tonight...

Morgan is working late. He is in charge of the newsletter for the Toast Master's chapter that he is a member of. I can't remember the last time I spent a night home alone. It hardly ever happens. So I got to catch up on some blogs! Soon I'm going to go downstairs and work on some thank you cards and birthday cards that need to get done. It's funny how a day can be so crazy and then at night everything is so settled. Mostly because I know that Owen is down for longer than 2 hours!

Ali Edwards Ezine for this week is about Essentials. What supplies do you consider essential. Here's my top 10 list of things I need to have to scrap or create.

1. My see-thru grid rulers. I LOVE these. I have one that is six inches long and two that are 12 inches long. I cannot scrap without them. I'm pretty good at lining things up but sometimes I need to be exact. And just for measuring! They are just great rulers.
2. A mechanical pencil. Not a regular pencil. I need to have a mechanical pencil.
3. My bone folder. Not so much for scrapping but definately for card making.
4. My paper trimmer. I love my new fiskars one.
5. Scissors. I have 3 pair of Close to My Heart scissors. They are small and super sharp.
6. Adhesive. I use a variety of adhesives for various purposes. For wet glue I use the close to my heart pen type one. For dry adhesive I use a tombow tape runner mostly but I recently discovered glue dots and love those for harder to stick items like embellishments.
7. Paper. This is a given right? I like neutral colored papers. My favorite probably being the kraft color. And then shades of neutrals.
8. Photos. This is tricky. Since we've gone digital I don't always get pictures printed in a timely manner. So when I want to scrapbook I need to plan ahead.
9. Some good words. I have a constant narration in my head but I need to work on writing it down more often. Otherwise the words end up disappearing!
10. Time.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Love that list Heather, I should go and create one too. Top of the list will be time, followed by a decent scrapspace. ;)

Noelia said...

I love your Esssentials list, it would make a great LO. I love the mechanical pens, I have a few myself and the kraft colored paper is also something I really like. I think I might do a list as well. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great list, Heather. I loved reading Ali's and seeing it's like a great equalizer, she uses and values what we do, LOL.

Yes, the mechanical pencil. I found one with a super-long shaft, and now it's like GOLD to me. Really comes in handy when tracing through channels of a stencil or tracing anything and needing to be right up against the template.

Oh, and I was LOL'ing at your never being alone at night. My Hbus works graveyards every other shift, and I would just DIE if he didn't leave me alone a lot. LOL I'm so used to it and love it! ;-)

*hugs*