Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hump day...

is here. This used to be a big deal to me when I was working. I only know it's hump day today because my girlfriends are coming over for dinner and I had to remember that it was happening on Wednesday! It can be somewhat annoying to not know what day it is but if I don't have to be anywhere it works out fine.

Tonight Maggie, Lori, and Nikki are coming for dinner. I haven't seen them all together for a while. I miss seeing them everyday. That is the hardest part of staying home. I have a little present for them too! A late Christmas gift. But getting late presents is nice. It's like celebrating all over again!

The 2P's challenge today is:
What is one thing you wish you could relive or do over from your school days?
I don't think I would ever wish to relive those days! I miss college from time to time but I wouldn't go back and relive it. There are things I would do differently but I also tend not to dwell on things like woulda, shoulda, coulda. That said... if I knew then what I know now I would have kept dancing. I took lessons from the time I was about 3 until I was in high school. Then when I started on the danceline in high school I stopped taking lessons. At one point my dance teacher also told me that I was getting to fat. Yes, you did in deed read that correctly. AND this was from a woman who was overweight herself and I think had probably struggled with it her entire life. She had gastric bypass not to long ago. Or stomach stapling or something like that. Her opinion of me really affected how I saw myself and what I could do. It shouldn't have. I loved to dance. I still do. Someday maybe I'll take lessons again.

Have any of you seen Little Miss Sunshine? I love how Olive, the little girl in the movie, is not the typical beauty pageant sort. And it doesn't matter. She doesn't care. She just loves doing it! We all need to approach life like that. Do what you love, regardless of what others say or think. As long as it's not harmful to yourself and others that is!

4 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

Great entry! I think you should definately start taking dancing lessons again if it's something you love doing. I'm planning on taking horseback riding lessons again after I get my horse under saddle. I haven't had a riding lesson in well over 10 years and I'm thinking I'm due...LOL. I can't imagine my riding is up to snuff anymore after that much time away from constructive critism.

Lynn said...

I'm happy to hear that all your friends are meeting up with you tonight. Sounds like a wonderful evening planned.
I think you should take up dance classes when you get a chance. I know my girlfriend and I are going to do an adult ed. line dancing class starting in Feb. Can't wait!

Maureen said...

I would of been very hurt and offend to have someone tell you that you were to fat to dance. Thats not right. If you enjoy it then start taking lessons again, I wish I would of given it a try in high school.

Aimeslee Winans said...

omg, heather, you need to scrap that entry -- book of me-worthy, TOTALLY! I was so moved, and so was DD. Unless a person is in dance, they have NO IDEA how vulnerable and depedent you are on your instructor, physically, mentally, emotionally. My DD became almost anorexic for awhile over it. Then, they call and criticize if you are too thin! Argh. You should def take adult salsa or even jazzercise or kickboxing or whatever the hot aerobics is. I've started yoga and stretching, haha, that's my limit! LOL