Monday, January 29, 2007

It's Monday...

already!? The weekends seem to go so fast! Yesterday was cold, blustery, and sunny! Today it's warmer, 17˙ currently. But I think the windchill might be really cold. I haven't been out yet. And it's no sunny.
I had my monthly crop on Saturday. That was fun. 9 people total. I spend most of my time chatting so I don't get much work done! I did finish page 2 of my All About Me Album though.


You can't tell from the scan but the stitching is a varigated pink and white rayon thread. I got some smaller needles for my machine so the stitching looks better on paper. Now I'm on to page 3!

I managed to fall down 2 times this weekend. That hardly ever happens to me. I am not very tall and I have big feet so I've got pretty good balance. Well while I was bringing my really heavy scrapping tote thingy into the house I lost my balance and fell into the little garden by our garage. I was mostly stunned as to how it happened and wasn't hurt at all. Then last night I went out to move Morgan's car and slipped on some ice on our driveway and hit my head! That hurt. More than anything I think it scared me. It just happened so quickly. So I spent the rest of the night with ice on my head. It seems to be better today.

Owen has started pulling himself into a standing position on the furniture. I went into his room the other day to get him some clothes and when I cam back into the living room he was standing up at the couch! I knew he could do this. He's been pulling himself up to his knees for a couple weeks not and climbing over everything but it was the first time he'd done it all by himself! I have a cute picture to post but blogger only wants to upload it sideways not the right way. So it will have to wait. And it seems my little man it up from his nap already! For the last three days he's only taken 2 naps a day. He has refused to take a third! I am not ready for this!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this layout--the colors, the design and the different embellishments! Great job!

Lynn said...

Heather what a great layout. Love the stitching! I really need to get my machine out and running.

I'm glad that you didn't get seriously hurt falling (either time). I remember my sister slipping on ice a long time ago and broke her ankle.

How exciting that Owen is pulling himself up now. Watch out now! He will be climbing out of the crib in no time, lol.

Melissa said...

adorable layout!

and yay for Owen!-cant wait to see the picture :)

Noelia said...

So great to see another one of your AAM pages! It looks stunning and the stiching around the edge is awesome! I love all the little details. (I messed up this page and the labels one, I got both of them confused and I haven't gotten around to fixing it...sigh...)
Glad to hear that you didn't get seriously hurt falling.

Alyssa said...

I love the colors you used and the stitching. Cute.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Heather, I am scraplifting that layout, I hope you don't mind, it's awesome! Hope your head is better! *hugs*