Sunday, January 21, 2007

The daily challenge...

Blog about what got you started in scrabooking and what keeps you in this wonderful hobby.

One day my friend BJ and I were out for dinner down in Apple Valley. That's where she was living at the time. We happened upon the Archiver's store that had opened not to long before. This was their first store. I had been stamping and making cards for several years before this and had also done a variety of other arts from the time I was little. So we wandered in not sure what we would find and the rest as they say is history. I had swore I would not start scrapbooking. I was not interested in doing that. I didn't really think I had anything to scrapbook. But I was wrong. Sometimes it seems more like a paper collecting obsession though. I love paper. The embellishments and such are nice but I LOVE paper. And stamps. I started stamping because drawing was a very slow process for me but I like adding color to the images and putting images together. So I started stamping. For awhile I worked for the original owner of Inky Antics rubber stamps. I made the stamps and packaged the stamps and made samples for the shows and worked the local shows. It was a lot of fun. And now I like to scrap and stamp with others and share ideas and such. That's why I decided to become a Close to My Heart consultant. So I could share my ideas. I am not a good sales person though!

Last night we had dinner at my friend BJ's. She has a daughter who is a year older than Owen. Her birthday is May 8th, Owen's is May 5th. BJ is my best friend from college and the only sorority sister I keep in touch with. We don't get to spend enough time together so it's always fun to see them. She and her daughter are the ones I made the bags for. They loved them. She made me a set of coasters that have pictures of Owen in them. So cute! I did not eat well for dinner last night. Well, that's not completely accurate! The food was fabulous! Just not low fat! And today I have not been too careful either. So hopefully I did not ruin all the hard work I did this week.

Have you seen this website? Bless This Chick? I created this cartoon version of me there! I really like her crown!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good evening there, hey what a trip, i live in Apple Valley, but it's Apple Valley ,CAlif. ha! aren't u happy u sb? i emailed u tonite
ttyl
lynda
my hands are freezzin cold right now and i can't type

Anonymous said...

oh btw it 's me lynda
see i told u my hands (and brain) are freezzin

Noelia said...

I didn't know you started as a stamper! That's so cool! I just got into stamping because of scrapbooking. Way to go on your healthier eating, if you got any low-fat recipes, send them over :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, I commented on this post like 4 days ago and yet it is not here. It's that dang word verification, must not have keyed it in, and with my old-lady eyesight, it's a pain! Thanks for letting me vent! LOL

OK, to your post, I'll comment again: those little graphics are cute. A bunch of folks at 2 Scrappy Chix use them as their avatars.

I bet you were fine, diet wise. You amaze me how dedicated you are to all that!

*hugs* - and wish me luck I get enter the right word verification this time!