Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A bud...

My orchid has a bud on it! My friend Nikki gave me a beautiful white orchid as a going away gift when I left school last April. It has about a dozen flowers on it at the time and then slowly they all fell off. Then the stem started to dry up a bit. I didn't really know what to do with it. My MIL gave me so orchid information and I read that but didn't really understand what it was telling me so I just continued to water it off and on, they don't need much water, and left it alone. Then it began to grow another leaf and now there's a bud! I'm so excited about this! I always wanted an orchid. I think they are just beautiful flowers. The conservatory at the zoo here has an orchid room. It's my favorite room. But I thought they would be difficult to care for and in the last year and a half I've mananged to kill off about 7 plants. It's turned out to be sort of a blessing since it's less for Owen to get into. But I still felt bad. So when I discovered how easy this orchid was to take care of I was very happy!

My mom stopped by yesterday to visit and she brought the bags she had made. So I took pictures to share will all of you! Neither she nor my sister follow a pattern. They both just make them up! The nice thing about felting the bags is that it will hide a lot of flaws. That is a good thing for me! That way I feel a little more comfortable experimenting with them. My sister just finished one that is grey with an orange skull on it! I will take a picture of that one on Thursday. The 2P's challenge for today is:Blog about your exercise regimen. Do you have one?
Yes I do. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I run. Sort of run. I am following a thirteen week walk/run program. Basically you increase the amount of time you run over the course of 13 weeks from mostly walking to all running. This is how I started running. And while I may not need to go all the way back to beginning I decided it would be a good way for me to ease back into it after being pregnant. On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I do 10 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight and resistance training. Sunday I take off or I do a video or just some sort of outdoor exercise with Owen and Morgan. For my T,T, S cardio I walk on the treadmill or do a video. I recently got the Turbo Jam DVD's and they are pretty good. I haven't done all of them but they are high energy and incorporate strength training, which I like. I also like the Denise Austin DVD slim your female fat zones. She's a bit crazy but it adds some variety to my routine. When it's warmer out I like to inline skate, walk with my girlfriends at Lake Harriet, bike, or hike with Morgan and Owen.

Here is the second page of my Word Journal. It is the Marianne Williamson quote.
I have three people interested in doing a circle journal with our words. If anyone else is interested please post in the comments and I will contact you. I'm going to get a journal set up for this and get it going by the 1st of February!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have always wanted to run but, never knew how to get started! Love your page!

Noelia said...

I need to have an exercise regimen! I am so bad at getting started. Keep it up and enjoy it :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

I can't see any photos, gettin' the red X. Wanted to see your word journal, oh well....

I do Leslie Sansone Walkin Away the Pounds, not EVEN interested in running. I've got way too much on me that would just jiggle into orbit on its own, ROFL!

Can't wait for the circle journal!