To say that we've been busy around here for the last six weeks would be an under statement. Our calendar for October was a rainbow of colors. (I use iCal and we each have our own color for our appointments). And while we accomplished a lot, or so it appears, in those six or so weeks there are still lots of things that are waiting to be done.
- Replacing the parts inside the toilet tank. Morgan said he was going to try to tackle that one on his own but he wanted me to be on stand-by. Maybe it could wait until his dad comes in a couple of weeks!
- Finishing O's Flash Kid costume. It's mostly done. And I had planned to finish it up for Halloween but then he decided to be Optimus Prime so I didn't bother. Why would anyone want to wear a costume sewn by your mother when you can wear a store bought, on clearance last year no less, costume!
- Scrapbooking. Yeah, I haven't done that in over a year. Except for 1 or 2 digital pages. Not scrapbooking has cut down on the purchasing of scrapbook supplies though. So I guess not doing something saves us money.
- Painting our bedroom. Or picking out colors for our bedroom. I think I'm close. Really. But I have a fear of commitment when it comes to that room.
- Filing the papers that accumulate in my to-keep basket. Occasionally I rifle through there to find something so I guess it's serving a purpose.
- Cleaning out the linen closet. Every time I open it I think, "I'll get that tidied up and organized soon." Yup. Soon. Maybe I'll put it on my resolution list.
- Our storage area falls in with with the linen closet. Soon.
- Replacing the dishwasher. And the garage door opener.
- Getting the windshield replaced.
- And I'm sure if I could stay awake longer I could think of more things.
One thing I'm enjoying a lot right now is my new iPhone. It was my birthday present. I've wanted one since their inception. Morgan got one too. And the most wonderful part is having our calendar synced on both our phones! Morgan forgets that he has to do the syncing (our computer is too mature for the iCloud) but for the most part we are now on the same page. That has been super helpful. Basically I can use my phone like an external brain. I just put in my notes, reminders, alarms and calendar items and then I don't have to keep them in my head. Which has been super helpful because my brain's recall is really slow sometimes.
I'll leave you with Optimus Owen. We called this costume ensemble Halloween Fusion. The Optimus Prime mask was not comfortable nor safe for Trick or Treating. So he opted for this mask and a cape as well!