Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Brrrr....

it is COLD outside! Our current temp is 4˙ and I think the windchill is well below zero. I guess last night was the coldest night of the year thus far. Yesterday we woke up to 3" of snow! Morgan stayed home to avoid the roads, get some work done, and go skiing! Supposedly it's going to stay cold for awhile now. It's nice to have a little snow finally. It covers up all the brown and gray!

I weighed and measured myself yesterday. I lost another pound and 3 1/4 inches! I guess all the sit ups I'm doing are working! I can actually get my old jeans on again. I'm kind of finicky about how my clothes fit though so I would wear them yet! I don't like things the least bit tight. Unless there's some stretch in them.

2P's challenge for today: This winter, what do you do that means comfort to you?
Snuggle up with my big blue blanket. It's super warm. I have it on our bed most of the time. But when I'm watching TV or reading I drag it out and wrap up in it. It's actually a quilt that my grandma made a long time ago. One side has long blue stuff, almost like stuffed animal fur. I always loved it growing up. It was my favorite blanket at my grandparents house. When my grandma was cleaning out stuff one year she gave it to me. All of my room mates in college loved it too. I would frequently find of my sorority sisters curled up under it. So the blanket itself is comforting but so are the memories that go with it.

1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Heather I'm so proud of you. You've really been working hard on the bodywork. Congrats!

I have been good too. I'm down 6.75 lbs since Dec. 29th. Which is good for not doing a dang thing, LOL. I started on thyroid medication on 12/29. Yay~~~~

Hey, are you serious about a circle journal? I want to participate.