Sunday, January 07, 2007

There's a reason...

why a camera has a setting for kids & pets. Neither of them are still long enough to take a decent picture! Unless of course they are sleeping. I was taking pictures of Owen the other day. He turned 8 months old on Friday. I frequently use the tripod when I take pictures of him but now I need to set up the camera and tripod across the room from where he his and then take them as he's coming toward me. He loves the camera and tripod. The tripod legs are great for sharpening that tooth! So here he is after he got to me. I had taken the camera down by this time to get down to his level.
Here is a better shot of him. We are practicing sitting up. He can do it pretty well. It's just that sitting doesn't get him anywhere and he prefers to move. I 'm getting the impression that he's going to be walking before he is going to sit up on his own. I just can't believe he's 8 months old already.
A couple days ago the 2P's challenge was to blog about a craft or hobby you would like to take up. Well, I don't really need to take up a new one. I already have too many. I love crafts and art and all the stuff that goes with them. My sister has made a couple of felted bags and on Saturday we went to the Yarn Cafe in Maple Grove. A neat little shop with lots of yarn, books, helpful people and a cafe. I bought some wool and found a pattern and am making a little bag. Below is the first part. I am working on the other square. I'll post a picture when it's all done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather- do I need a felted bag from Miranda???? Owen is too cute for words, his smile just makes me smile!!!!

Noelia said...

Heather, that little guy of yours is just too handsome! I remember when my little guy was that small and it's such a fun stage, enjoy it!
Can't wait to see your finished bag :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Mom and I were working on bags last night while dinner was cooking and I wondered if you were going to actually start the bag.. I'm so proud!! *beams* Granny square is a cool idea, I'm excited to see how it turns out!