Saturday, November 04, 2006

What a day...

so after Owen woke up at 4:30am he didn't really go back to sleep the rest of the day. He slept briefly while we were driving in the car a couple of times but everytime we put him down for a nap he put up a huge fuss. At one point he was crying so hard he was spitting up and choke-coughing. He just would not take a nap. And he is a three-naps-a-day boy. After we'd get him out he would settle down and be fine. He wasn't cranky except for when I tried to hold him and read him a book or when I was getting his dinner ready. Otherwise he was a pretty happy guy. I just don't know what was going on with him today.
He was very good during our lunch with my mother-in-law and brother-in-law. He's been a bit fussy at restaurants lately, but not today. He was very good.
After dinner he had a bath and then his bottle and we read a story. Then we gave him kisses and said goodnight and I think he was asleep within about 5 minutes. I was a bit nervous that he wouldn't actually go to sleep because of his daytime marathon but he did!
I'm hoping this is not the beginning of not taking naps during the day. I'm not ready for that. I need a nap during the day! So Owen will need to take one too. Especially when we get up at 4:30 in the morning. I am not a morning person. I would sleep until 8 or 9 everyday if I could. Morgan and Owen on the other hand are morning people. Noisy, happy morning people no less! The worst kind! A good morning for me is when I'm not cranky. I wouldn't call it happy though. Just not cranky.

Blogger finally let me post my birthday picture. Here I am with my very large container of Tiramisu!
So now that my little man is asleep and I've been to Target for all the necessities that we've run out of this week I think I'll go read a book and fall asleep myself! Maybe we will all be able to sleep until a reasonable time tomorrow morning...then again, maybe that's too much to wish for!

No comments: