Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I love...

a good mail day! Today in the mail I got my MSL, my Papercrafts, an LL Bean Catalog, and an invitation to Bonnie Rose's studio unveiling! Yesterday I got a RAK from Dana. Super cute rub-ons! (Thank you Dana!!)
I'm glad my magazines finally came. I had seen both of them in the store the other day. That irritates me. I don't like to see them before they get to my mailbox.
Today I have to take Owen to the doctor at 1:30pm for his 6 month well check. I don't like these appointments. I know they are important and necessary but I HATE watching him get shots.
I think he's cutting a tooth. I've been saying that for months but he has been really fussy lately and he was up at 2:30 this morning. We gave him some water. Then some baby oragel and a little Tylenol. Held him. Rocked him. Brought him in our room. Then I finally gave him a little bottle. He fell right back to sleep! So maybe he was just hungry in the first place! It seems like when I think I'm doing the right things they end up being the wrong things. I just didn't think he could be hungry! Silly mommy! I need to remember that he's really rather simple to figure out. He's fussy when he's tired and hungry. We knew he was tired. So I should have just given him a bottle right away.

The 2P's challenge for today is:
What's a trip you took as a child that you will always remember. and why???

blog about it.
One year, I can't remember when, I think I was probably 11 or 12 we went to Bayfield, WI and my Grandpa came with us. So it was my mom, my sister, my grandpa and me. We had never been to Bayfield before so it was a new place. It was lovely. I still love Bayfield. But the part that I will always remember was my grandpa coming with us. It was the first time we were with him without my grandma. He was a totally different person. He talked so much more. I think it's interesting how one person's personality can affect another's. My grandparents were an interesting couple. My grandma complained like crazy about my grandpa. I was a grandpa's girl so I was always on his side and couldn't understand why she was complaining about my grandpa like that. But somewhere along the way they sort of stopped communicating. Or maybe they never really did. I like to observe how people affect each other like this though. Some people have a positive affect on us. My friend Lori is like this. It's hard not to be in a good mood with her around because she is a positive person. Sure, she has her bad days but she seems to always look for the bright spot. Some people have the opposite affect on us. When they are around the make us bristle. Gabrielle Union was on Oprah the other day. She was talking about being raped as a young woman when she was working in a shoe store. It was close to closing time and this man came in. She said she knew instantly that he was bad news and that she should get out of the store. But she didn't. She didn't want to offend him. She was raised to be polite. But the whole point of her story was that often our instincts are right. Not that all people who have a negative affect on us are bad. But there is an invisible "something" that we get from people that affects us. Good or bad. So... that was a tangent!

Now I'm off to put together the shelves I got at Target yesterday for my craft room. I'm trying to reorganize. Morgan was in there the other day to turn off the lights and he said he just about killed himself. My reorganizing always consists of making a huge mess and then putting it all back together again. Kind of like a humpty dumpty sort of deal!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely reading! I saw that Oprah show too. I also feel that there are people in this world that do not bring out the best in us and we just need to move on.

Anonymous said...

That was a nice vacation.. I remember we stopped along the way somewhere at a lake, maybe it was Superior, I don't know. But I remember that :)

Lynn said...

Love your vacation story. I'm a grandpa's girl also. Although, my grandmother and grandfather were inseparable and loved each other always.

I never like taking the kids for the well baby visits either. Hated to see them cry when they got their shots.

Good luck with your craft room. Mine is a mess also.

Melissa said...

hip horray for good mail days!! :)

I am a big grandpa's girl..actually I am extra close with both my grandparents.and I completely agree-usually our instincts are right and we should learn to trust them more often.

Aimeslee Winans said...

loved your memories. and we clean alike! lol I always start by adding much more chaos....