Monday, November 27, 2006

A new...

word! I love words. When I was younger I used to read the dictionary all the time. Now I don't read it as much but it's not a family function in my family if we don't get the dictionary out for something. I guess that's what happens when you come from a family with lots of brains who think a lot. Too much sometimes. My mom and my uncle are really smart people and we get into these discussions about weird stuff and the semantics of things and eventually my head starts to hurt.

So anyway, the new word is WONKY. My sister used it the other day. I just love the way it sounds. Quirky and fun. So I'm going to try and incorporate it into my vocabulary. I think I need to stop using DUDE so often. It's a funny word though. I like big words too. And I'm obsessed with making sure everything is spelled correctly when I write on my blog or send e-mail. I've actually always had this little obsession. The unfortunate thing is that Blogger doesn't have a spell check feature that works for me. So if I need to check how to spell something I use my dashboard dictionary. A very cool MAC feature. However, I have to be careful to not be in the Thesaurus mode when I'm looking for a spelling because it will keep saying "not found" even though I've spelled it correctly. There just isn't a synonym or antonym for it so it won't find the word! I've gotten very irritated with this some days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, you made me remember growing up an English teacher's daughter. LOL I used "ain't" as an act of rebellion.

xoxo