Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A little...

history. I have not been keeping up with the 2P's challenges. So today I'm going to do a little catch up. Yesterday's challenge was to describe your childhood home. Here it is!This place has a lot of history. My grandparents bought it when it was just a little tiny house. My grandpa, who was a carpenter, added on to it. It is where my uncle, aunt, and mom all grew up. And me and my sister too. It is the place I considered my home until Morgan and I bought our own house. It's an odd house because of some of the ways it has been added on to and my grandpa was not an electrician so the electrical stuff is a little odd but it's a good home. It has wood floors. The only carpet in the whole house are actually just rugs. As a result of this I find carpet stuffy. There are also a lot of windows so there is a lot of light. I always enjoyed that. This house had a lot of influence on me when we were shopping for our own home.

Now I live here. Today's challenge is Let's talk about the place you live in, right now, tonite, this moment.
What do you love about it? What do you hate about it?

This is the first home I have ever owned. It took us a while to find it. We bought it 4 years ago when it was definately a sellers market, but we got a good price anyway.

It's a good house. Just the right size for us. I love that it is ours. It's the place we come home to everyday. The place we brought Owen home to. It's the place where Morgan cooks and I create. Where Owen plays and Ludwig digs. We have good neighbors. There is a lake across the street and the sunsets can be so beautiful over the lake. None of the walls are white! And I have picked out most of the paint colors. It is filled with things we love and good memories. I have my own room to make a mess in while I'm creating and crafting and I can leave it messy and no one says a thing. It's open and bright. Lots of windows. A little drafty, but then it's not stuffy!

There are just a few things I don't like. Actually, 2. There is only 1 bathroom and a 1 stall garage. The rest of the things that I don't like we can work on. I'd like to remodel the downstairs but that's not in our budget right now. So we make due with the things we don't like. We are happy to have a home of our own and not be renters!

1 comment:

i am jen [with1n] said...

Your home sounds so perfect. I am hoping for the same. I cannot imagine having to rent. We still are looking for the perfect home...and btw...Owen is adorable!! :)

Have a great day!
~Jen