Sunday, November 19, 2006

Ah...

4am on a Sunday morning! Just when I want to wake up. Not really. But Owen did! He of course is back to sleep after a little nip of the bottle, a little spit up, a clothes change and some playing with his crib mirror. But not me. I needed to do some laundry. Because of the spit up! I know better than to feed him early like that. But I thought he may have gotten over it. Nope. I was wrong. So here I sit. I stayed up thinking I'd write the devotion for Advent I need to do for church. But I haven't yet. I had to check some blogs!

My card class yesterday went well. We had a great time. It took an hour and a half longer than I had anticipated. But I think that was from all the talking we were doing! As I mentioned the other day Nikki is a lot of fun. Her friend Amber is just as nice and together they are a riot. If there had been more people for my class I think I'd still be cutting paper though! I pitched some other class ideas to them. Nikki thought a Valentine card class in January would be good. So I thought and evening class of Valentines, chocolate, and wine. I think Maggie would like it!

Here is a photo of my goodie table.

Hot chocolate. A little Irish Cream. Marshmallows. There were also peanut M & M's and chocolate chip cookies that Nikki brought.
I will post pictures of the cards later. I didn't take pictures yet!

Yesterday I really felt that holiday spirit feeling. Just that sort of warm happiness feeling. It was just a nice day. Although it may have had something to do with not being on Mommy Duty all day. I feel bad about that though. I love being a mommy. Owen's mommy. And I feel bad when I'm not with him and enjoy my time without him. But I also need a little time away sometimes. Otherwise I become a not so nice wife! Morgan is great with Owen and is getting better at tending to Owen for longer periods of time. I just have to relax and let him parent the way he's going to parent. We both have a different style and that's okay as long as the result is the same. Luckily we mostly agree on the results!

Here is a picture I snapped of O yesterday. It's blurry because he isn't still very often when he's awake! I just love this picture anyway. He's started this bubble blowing thing and he's always got his little tongue sticking out. He's also wearing his Twins uniform. He had on a little Gap baseball hat but that was much more fun to chew on!

Today we are going to look for a new car seat. He is close to being too big for the infant one so we need to upgrade. I'm reluctant to do this because we won't be getting one that I can carry him in. So I will have to take him out and carry him around if we go places. He isn't sitting up all on his own yet so I'm not certain how this is going to work out. Shopping could be tricky carrying him around loose like that. He is a squirmy little guy too! Maybe I'll have to put him in the Snuggli!

4 comments:

Kari said...

HEHE. I'm reading this early on Sunday morning:) Saw your post on Bonnie's blog. I'm a MN mama scrapper too. Don't live too far from AT. Glad I found your blog:) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

What cutie pie!!! If it makes you feel any better I too was up early with my little one. They apparently don't need sleep! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Heather, that is one cute photo, blurry or not. His cuteness just shines thru! LOL Love that red table, sounds yummy!

hugs xoxo

Sofia said...

What a sweet picture. :-)

I hope you post a pic of the cards soon. I'd love to see them.