Thursday, November 16, 2006

An update...

to my rant below. My friend Michele posted this comment with regard to my post.
Michele said...
I think that they were camping out for the new PS3 or the Wii. People were doing that at Best Buy also. Tis the season!!!!!
That totally makes sense! I laughed my a@@ off when I read her comment. Because she's probably right. But I don't get that either. I've gotten up early to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I waited in line to get into the new Michael's when it opened by us. But I've never slept outside for something! Maybe in college I would have done that. Maybe. Probably not. But maybe. Now, no. I wouldn't do that. I like my warm bed too much!
THANKS MICHELE! For clearing that up for me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! You could have just asked them what they were doing! Hey where did you get your new shoes? I need a good pair for work...

Aimeslee Winans said...

Heather, I know I am coming at this from an usual perspective, but I'm reading a book about the people who lived through the Dust Bowl of the 1930's, and some of them were so bad off and lost their homesteads and they would camp out in front of stores sometimes to be able to get scraps and discards to live on. Have to admit that's the first thing I thought of, so I was thinking you were kind of callous with the prtending thing. Then I realized I was looking at it from the prism of reading this book. No way did I even think of camping out to get C'mas toys or whatever. I have to confess I'd have asked them what was up, I would have been too curious. Anyway, there's no Dust Bowl, so I do not think you are callous. Good lesson though about not assuming, huh? BigHugsxoxo

Anonymous said...

Well that takes obscession to a whole new level doesn't it.