Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The birthday...

card! Here is the birthday card I made for Maggie. I didn't post it yesterday because I didn't want her to see it before I gave it to her. The second picture is the envelope I stamped. The paper and tag are Paper Salon, the rub-on is Making Memories and the stamps are Rhonna Farrer Swirls and CTMH Precious Alphabet.Sometime soon I want to get some Christmas cards made with my new Quickutz dies. I have two new snowflakes that are super cute. Maybe I can work one in with the SEI paper I'm using.

Checkout this blog. It's called Daring Cardmakers. There are some really cute ideas on there for cards. When I started stamping it was mostly to make cards and even though I love to scrapbook I still go back to making my own cards. It takes me less time than a layout and provides a little instant creative gratification!

Yesterday Owen and I had a busy day. I had a doctor appointment at the U and then we met The Girls at the Cheesecake Factory for Cosmos and Cheesecake. I did not have a Cosmopolitan but I did have Pumpkin Cheesecake. One of the best parts of Fall! It was a brief visit. We were late getting there due to traffic but it was nice to see Maggie and Lori. I miss seeing them everyday. We missed Nikki because she had dinner plans.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! i checked out that blog and they have some really inspiring pieces.
Glad that you got to go out with the girls! Cheesecake is the yummiest!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Love those swirls - great card. TFS!!!

Bonita Rose said...

your card rocks! love it!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love how you combined all the pieces. And super-cute envelope, too!

Lynn said...

What a great Birthday Card! Don't you just love the Cheesecake Factory! I could die for the Godiva Cheesecake! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
oh that is a lovely card.. I'm sure it will be treasured by your friend... I love that you made such a pretty envelope too.. that's a great idea...
thanks heaps for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment...
TTFN Gillian :o)

Anonymous said...

beautiful card!