Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Spit up...

happens! Owen seems to be adjusting his sleep schedule...or something. Truthfully, his eating and sleeping are still a mystery to me. I feed him and expect that he will sleep for a long period of time and no deal. Last night he ate well and had a bottle before bed and was up at 1:30. So Morgan got up and fed him and then they both went back to sleep. Then at 4:30 he woke up again. So I got up and fed him. Well, 1/2 way through I burped him and he coughed and it all came up! Ugh! I hate this. So I had to change and he had to change. Then he finished the bottle and went back to sleep. I just don't like spit up!

Scraplady posted an interesting question for todays blog challenge:

What in your life, do you wish you would have done that you haven't yet???

Well... this is tough. It sort of implies that you might still do it. But. I really wanted to student teach in England. My roommate my first year at UWRF was from England. She came with a girl who lived next door to us and I LOVED these two girls. They were only there for a semester. So when it was time for me to student teach I thought it would be great to go over there and do it. UWRF has a program for this student teaching abroad thing. But I didn't do it. I was scared. I had never flown. I had never been out of country. I had never been away from my family like that. And my grandpa and I were very close all my life. I was worried he would be sick while I was gone. That I would not be here if something happened to him. So I didn't go. And I wish I had.
Things that I haven't done yet... now that's another story. I'm not yet a photographer and artist. But I'm working on it. I haven't traveled to Europe. Yet. So many, many things I haven't done. Yet. And so many things I don't even yet know that I want to do! Great challenge Bonnie Rose!

And now for my Wednesday Wondering.... (I missed last week. It didn't seem very popular the week before!)
Do you ever wonder... who came up with cuss words??? Like who was the first person to drop the F bomb? Just who comes up with stuff like this? and WHY?? Just why do we need a word like that in our vocabulary?? I am very interested in the etymology of words. I like words. I have always be interested in their meanings and origins. I have been a reader of the dictionary for years. My friend Debbie and I were always reading words to each other. Do you know what this means??? Or this?? Now you may think this is a rather odd thing. But that is not so. Well, maybe it is. But my family is like this. It's not a family function if we don't get the dictionary out at least once. My uncle is usually the instigator of this but it has happened without him being present. Last Thanksgiving Morgan's family was here and we were all talking about something. I don't remember what. But someone used a word and it just didn't quite sound right to me and I had to resist the urge to ask for a dictionary. So when we got home I had to look it up! Our computer has a cool feature. You press the button on the mouse and the dashboard pops up and there is a dictionary /thesaurus and you just type in the word and it will pull up the definition or syn/ant if you are using the thesaurus. Very handy since blogger doesn't spell check! Our computer is a Mac. So if you have a new one you know what I mean. (Michele!)

Here's a pretty fall picture. It just seems like a naked post to me without a picture! I took this while we were at St. Olaf this past weekend. The campus was lovely but by the look of the trees the weekend prior was probably better for viewing the colors. I love fall. And here are my boys checking out the sights. Owen later fell asleep in the snuggly. Morgan had to hold his head still so he could sleep!

No comments: