Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Check out...






all that hair! I know it may not look like a lot of hair to those of who whose children were born with a lot. But for Owen this is A LOT of hair! And this all just happened within the last month or so!








Here is the final fitting of the green pants for Owen's Halloween Costume. Can you see the detail on the bottom? Patterns for babies seem to work the same way patterns for women do. The sizing is all wrong! The small sized jacket fits okay. The sleeves were too long so I had to shorten those. But the pants! My oh my! I had to take an inch off of each side and about 3 inches off the bottom. Now I know that Owen is not going to be a big guy because neither of his parents are big but sheesh! Poor guy was drowning in the pants! So, I have to put buttons on the jacket and then that will be done. And then get his red hat done.



And here is Owen in his Chariot. It was chilly out yesterday evening when we went for a walk so he had to wear his suit. He was very good about it. Notice the look on his face though?? "Done yet Mommy??" Morgan ran with Owen in the buggy and I took Ludwig. When I take him out I usually skate with him. I can't keep up with him in shoes! He hadn't been out in a few days and really need to get the neighborhood news! He had a bit of an incident in the livingroom the other day. It involved the fireplace gnomes, one lost a leg, and Ludwig got a scrape on his leg. We don't know what went down but he's been pretty pouty ever since. I love Ludwig, he's a great dog, but weird!

One more picture. Here is my giant monogram H I did for the two DT's I submitted for. It is 18 inches tall. I hand cut it from foamboard and then decorated it. I'm going to hang it in my studio. I have not been able to get a very good picture of it. I don't seem to be able to get the lighting right or get it all in focus! So I'm going to keep trying.

Lastly, 2P's challenge for today.
Think Christmas.
Think about your Christmas tree, if you have one.
How do you decorate it? what do you use????

Ugh! We aren't even done with Halloween! We put up my grandma's old artificial tree. I can't bear to kill a tree just to put it in my livingroom for a few weeks. And I worry that Ludwig will pee on it! We put on white lights, lots of lights! Then I put on green and burgundy bows, lots of glass ornaments and ornaments that either Morgan or I had as children or ornaments that were my grandma's. This year I would like to make a new tree skirt for it. I also have a small fiber optic tree I put up downstairs. I usually put it up in my classroom but now I don't have a classroom. Maybe I'll put it up in my studio this year.
Christmas stresses me out. It is a very busy time of year for a teacher and I also like to make a lot of gifts but I don't always start early enough! So by the time it gets to be December I'm starting to get frazzled. This year, since I'm not teaching, maybe I won't get frazzled. But I probably will since we are going to MT for Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen is just too cute! Love the pic of him in his chariot. Your monogram 'h' is fab. Gotta go blog the challenge now - and I'm with you on the Halloween thing - still busy getting the decorations up!

Anonymous said...

Love the "h"! It looks fabulous! Great job!