Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It's 3AM...

and I'm awake! What a surprise. Morgan put O to bed last night without his sleep sack on. He usually wakes up sometime during the night. We feed him. He coughs and spits it all up. So I decided we would feed him less if he woke up. So when he woke up I got him out, rocked him a bit, and he fell back to sleep. So I decided I'd put his sleep sack on and see if he'd fall back to sleep without eating. And he did! No spitting up! Now I'll see if he stays asleep. I think he may have slept longer if he'd had his sack on though. I love out middle of the night snuggles but I don't like not being able to go back to sleep. My head usually starts going. I had to get up and look someone up in my HS yearbook. I get things stuck in my head and can't get back to sleep. One thought leads to another and then another and then I'm wide awake!

Yesterday afternoon was my sister's first day of babysitting. EVER! Being the youngest she didn't have to babysit anyone else except herself. She is watching Owen for an hour 2 days a week between the time I go to work and the time Morgan gets home from work. It got off to a rocky start. I had put Owen down for a nap but it didn't take so I got him up. We came into the kitchen and Miranda said hi to him but he didn't see her yet. So I turned around so he could see her and he was startled and started to cry again. Then she got up from the table and walked over to him which really startled him and he sort of screamed a bit and cried some more. Well, it was rather traumatic for both of them. But he settled down and was happy to see her. He loves his auntie Sissy. Last week she made him two new toys. I will take a pic and post them. Super cute. He loves them.
Here is Owen's cute new coat. It's all washed up and ready to wear. Well, actually it needs a bit of ironing. But in a pinch he could wear it. He also has a new coverall type suit for the really cold days. I'm sure he's going to just LOVE wearing that and the coat! I looked at a lot of coats before picking out two to bring home and try out. I'm picky about my clothes and I guess I am the same way about Owen's clothes. Plus you have to make sure stuff is going to be easy to get on and off. Won't be poking in some place.



And here is my leaf picture again! I did a little editing in PSE. I decreased the saturation and blurred the background leaves a bit and did a bit of a glow on the leaf itself. Then added the stuff around the border with some brushes. I had an 8x10 of it printed and am waiting for that to arrive. I'm going to frame it and hang it somewhere. I had thought I would hang it in the the living room but Morgan wants some pictures with people in them. Him and his people pictures. At the state fair this year our entertainment was taking pictures of people eating! But without them knowing it. We got some good shots but I can't post those as I would feel bad about posting pictures of people I don't know eating! I can put them in my scrapbook though!

The 2P's challenge for today is:
what things about the upcoming holidays are you looking forward to?
Well, I like presents! I like to make them and give them. And receive them. I get very overwhelmed by Christmas though. On Morgan's side the birthdays start the end of October and don't stop until about March. We have a bit of a break in January. It just seems like a time of year that requires a lot of cash and that stresses me out. I get cranky. I don't like to be cranky during the Christmas season. I also love all the decorated houses. But I love Halloween too. It will be different not being at school this year for Halloween. I always enjoyed the joint Halloween party that Maggie and I did. Maybe O and I will go visit for the Halloween party!!! What do you think Mag??
I really just like the feeling of the holidays. The crisp air. The anticipation of the season. This year we are going to Montana for Christmas. Another cash cow! Christmas out there is different. It's nice. Just different. Lots of people all in one house for a few too many days! I can't think about it too much or I will get cranky and stressed out! And speaking of cranky... I'd better go back to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather - I feel for you up at all hours of the night. I do remember those days. Owen is such a cutie, tho that I'm sure you don't mind a bit! I saw your comment in another blog, and thought I'd wander over to check your blog - I'm an unrepentant blog-a-holic. Excited to see that you live in MN - I'm just across the little stream (St Croix River) in Wisconsin.

Hope you have a good day, and catch up some of your lost sleep.