Monday, October 23, 2006

Hey....

Look what I made!!!! Green pants!!! You may be wondering why on earth I am making pants THIS GREEN??? They are part of Owen's Halloween costume. He's going to be a gnome. So I am making the costume. And I need to add that I have had A LOT of help! Thank you to my Mom (who bought the pattern) and especially my sister, Miranda, who took the pattern out of the envelope, unfolded it, gave me the paper and pencil to trace it, and then pinned it down and cut it out! She's great. I have a fear of patterns. They are complicated. Anything wordy and compilcated I sort of freak out. She's much more calm and able to figure out complicated stuff. Now I know this makes me sound like kind of a dim wit. I'm not. I'm just pattern challenged. Right Miranda?? So I'm slowly getting it figured out. AND I did not mess them up! I have not have to tear out any seams! I did not stitch the legs together!!! I almost did and then THOUGHT about it and stopped! But I did not read the directions (my mom said not to). Isn't it amazing how even at almost 33 I still need them both so much! Thanks sissy, you're the best! So now I'm off to keep working! I was just so excited I had to share!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Can't wait to see the finished product! I just love Halloween! My grandson is going to be Mr. Incredible and is so excited! Be sure to post a pic when you get it finished.
~ Nancy

Anonymous said...

Aww, you so sweet! And patterns aren't that hard I think you just think about it to much. I used to have that problem, but I want to make the hard, complicated stuff and I just stopped reading and looked at the pictures. I think I got a little more of the "wing it" gene :P And I think you should make a beard..

Anonymous said...

I'm such a doof! They look great!

Melissa said...

cant wait to see the whole costume-the pants look great!