Monday, October 30, 2006

A big day...

for Morgan. Today is his 2nd interview for a new job. I am hoping and praying that it goes well. He really needs a change. The interview is at 1:30.

I am almost done with Owen's costume! I did the hat fitting this morning. I wasn't sure how to go about making it. I cut a cone shape of paper and tried that on him last week. It worked okay. So last night I decided I just needed to trim that a bit and cut it out of the red fleece, stitch it up a bit and try it on him. So I did. And it didn't work out too bad. It's a bit big but I can easily fix that. Morgan thought some little red socks would be good with it too. I've got enough red fleece that I'm going to try and make some little booties.

Tonight I'm going to the Vikings game! One of my bible study friends has six season tickets and she thought it would be fun to take all of us to a game. (There are six of us in my bible study). She's taken a couple of us at a time but never all at once. So it should be a good time. I am not a football fan. I know very little about football and usually get distracted by other things. The lights. The other fans. I can also be a distraction because I ask a lot of questions. It's also a long time for me to pay attention to something! I have a rather short attention span. When we watch football at home I usually fall asleep or wander off and find something else to do, forgetting about the game. But will will dress up and my friend has a purple feathered wig I like to wear so I will post some pictures tomorrow.

The 2P's challenge for today is:
What one event in your childhood do you believe shaped your future more than any other??

That is a tough question. It all depends on how it's approached. My parents divorcing definately had an impact on how I grew up, what I did in my life, and how I turned out. But I think the events that shaped my childhood and my sister's more than anything that happened in our lives were things that happened in my mom's life. My mom knew when she had me, at 20, that she was not going to be the kind of mother that my grandmother was. Like all mothers she didn't do everything perfectly but my sister and I knew, and still know, that we are loved. That my mom would do anything for us. And that we could grow up to be whatever and whoever we wanted. I know I would not be who am I without my mom being raised the way she was. My grandmother was a woman who was never happy. Not with herself or anyone else. That affected the way she was as a mother. And if affected how my mom is.
I think everyone has things in their childhood, good or bad, that shape them. It's all in how you look at it. I am fortunate to not have had anything happen to me that I was not be able to deal with and grow from and move on. As I mentioned, I have a short attention span and because of that I can't dwell on things too long. I just get distracted!

No comments: