Thursday, October 19, 2006

Scrapladyb wants to know...

How you feel about your blogging. Is it too time consuming? Do you love sharing? What are the benifits of blogging? and the negative things of it?

I like my blog. It's a fun thing for me to do that doesn't involve anyone else. I can talk about whatever I want. I can share whatever I want and it. It keeps people entertained! (Right Michele!?) Now, the negative is that when I don't keep up I sometimes get a friendly reminder that I'm a bit behind! The other thing I think is cool about my blog is that it makes me feel a little bit famous! Just a little bit. Owen and I went to visit at school last week and we saw some school peeps. Well, my friends that read my blog already knew how big Owen was getting. Shannon (HI SHANNON!!) said "I read your blog so I've seen Owen". I just felt a little bit famous. I know it's silly but it's still fun. I mostly like that I can write and others read and they write and I read. I don't really like to talk on the phone and this is just another form of communication. I'm sure there are people who say it's lazy. It doesn't promote interpersonal communication skills. Well, sometimes a person just doesn't want to be interpersonal!

So in 15 days I'm going to be 33. 33! I just find this impossible. I never adjusted to being 19. This year my sister turned 26. She is the same age as some of my friends from work. But she's not. She's younger. I don't mean she's immature. I mean she is my LITTLE SISTER! She just can't be the same age as these other people. Now, my sister is very responsible and is just as competent as these other 26 year olds... well, more responsible than one of them...anyway, it's just hard to adjust to people getting older. To me my mom doesn't age because she's always been a grown-up to me. I just don't adjust to change well. When I turned 30 I was very upset. For several months before. Morgan threw me a nice surprise party. But I was still 30. The thing is...I'm very happy with my life. I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful baby, a great family and fabulous friends. When you ask for more out of life you're getting greedy. They are all blessings. So are the extras. So turning 33 is difficult because it's change. It's getting older. Not because I have regrets or need more out of life. I'm working for more. There's more I want to do. But I don't feel cheated or regretful. Okay... enough downer talk!

Here's my new purse! I switched over yesterday. I LOVE it! It's hard to tell in the pic but the stitching is pink. My mom bought it for me last week. We got a good deal on it. It smells good too!

And here is my other boy. The gentle giant. Ludwig. He's a big guy. Comes up to my hip and weighs about 80 pounds. BUT he's scared of lots of things! One day he was so excited to go outside that he knocked over a chair with my green vest hanging on it. Well for a week he just couldn't be around that green vest because IT not he had knocked over the chair! He's a character.
We were eating french fries. Yes, for breakfast. We had take-out from 50's Grill last night. If you live in the Twin Cities and haven't been there you HAVE to go. They have the best burgers and fries. Well, Matt's bar in Mpls. has good burgers too. I guess it's a toss up. Anyway, for breakfast I'm having leftovers. Ludwig loves fries. What he doesn't love is dog food. I don't think he knows he's a dog. I keep telling him and he just prefers people food. It's funny how dogs are just as picky about food as people. Although we sort of make them that way. They wouldn't know other food if people didn't give it to them!

My last thought for this morning... Owen is growing himself some HAIR! Now I love his mostly bald little head but he's starting to get some more soft fuzzy hair. I love that too. I couldn't get a picture of it because he had to go down for his early morning nap. But will get one soon! OH AND he did not spit up his breakfast! Big day! I gave him so solids before the bottle. Now, I don't know if that's what helped or if it's a fluke. With all good research more work needs to be done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. I love blogging too. Cute dog! Dana

Anonymous said...

Well, if it makes you feel better, you'll always be OLD to me :) kisses!

Anonymous said...

Your greyhound is so cute. What a big boy! My girl is 50.0 pounds. She's a tiny little greyhound. Rescued her from a greyhound rescue here in NC. She's a brindle to. (I lucked out getting a smaller grey for my first one, maybe my next one will be bigger. lol!) I still have to pick her up everytime we get in the car and she still doesn't know how to do stairs!