Saturday, October 28, 2006

Isn't this...

dang cute! I got this yesterday at the Bibelot Shop in NE Mpls. Owen and I went downtown to have lunch with my best friend BJ. We went across the river to Panera and after we stopped in the Bibelot Shop. We love to wander these cute little shops together. Get ideas. Marvel at how easily we could make some of the stuff we see. Catch up. As were were doing this I spotted this sign on the wall. It was LOVE at first sight. The Wizard of Oz is one of my all time favorite movies. And glitter is one of the loves of my creative life. (It's hard to see but the words are covered in red glitter!) So combine the two and it was love at first sight. The accent color in my kitchen is red so it was perfect. I put it up above the door between our kitchen and study. So when I come in to the kitchen or stand at the sink I can look over and see this. It makes me smile. And it's true. There is no place like home. I like to travel but I don't like to sleep in a different bed or be away from home for too long. I get cranky. I am not good at packing just a few things either. It pains me not to have the full selection of my wardrobe at hand. So this statement rings true for me in many ways. Our house is also the first place that has been a home to me besides the home I grew up in. So it just fits. It had to come to my home.

2P's challenge for today:
Let's talk turkey.
What are you fixin this Thanksgiving???
Share your fave Thanksgiving fare on your blog.. let's share some recipes!

Well, as some of you are well aware, I don't cook! I can help with the cooking but I am not the cook in the house. Morgan is in charge of that. And he's cookin' a turkey. It is a requirement of our Thanksgiving dinner. Miranda would not allow a different kind of meat. The first Thanksgiving that we hosted Morgan wanted to do enchiladas. Miranda said she wasn't coming if there wasn't turkey. So we have turkey. Then we also have the other fixings such as potatoes, stuffing and biscuits. I don't know what else there is in the works. Oh, and we have to have pumpkin pie. It's my favorite. Around this time of year The Girls (Lori, Maggie, & Nikki) and I go to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. They have wonderful pumpkin cheesecake. So it's an annual tradition. Maggie's birthday is in November too. So it's sometimes part of a birthday celebration. Her birthday is the 28th. So I will do a post to her on her birthday!!
I'm mostly a dessert person. So whatever we have for dinner is usually fine with me as long as dessert is good. Morgan also makes really good sweet potato biscuits. I love them. I think I actually made them one year! I can bake. I love to bake. I just don't have the attention span or the creativity to cook. I like to mix it up and put it in the oven and come back when the timer goes off. I get impatient standing around watching stuff. It's just not my thing. It's a good thing I married a man who can cook.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cute!!

Anonymous said...

I need your snail mail! Email me at dpaynebrooks@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Heather, I LOVE your 'no place like home' sign! And how's this for a Wizard of Oz coincidence - we went to a dress-up H'ween party for adults last night - and my GF was Dorothy! A very adult Dorothy KWIM, but soo cute. Had the cutest blingy, sparkly red shoes from Party America. I sooo have to post a piccie. Check my blog later.

And lucky you to have Morgan take over the kitchen duties all the time.

Bonita Rose said...

love that sign@!! I am such a sucker for signs.. love yours! and red.. wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Well now! You make me seem so stuck up about the turkey. We have sooo many get togethers during the rest of the year, do ya blame me for wanting a turkey? I mean we're down to like 1 turkey a year!