Monday, October 23, 2006

And...

it's back to the daily grind. Yes, I know your thinking "but Heather, you don't WORK!" I know. But this house needs a good cleaning. Luckily Morgan did the dishes this morning. And tonight I will be going to work. I work part-time for a motgage coordinator (she doesn't like the term broker) doing a variety of stuff. So if you are in MN and in need of a loan let me know! She is great to work with.
I have my 2P's challenges to catch up on. So here's the two questions I missed:

If you could only get one thing for Christmas, scrapbooking related, what would it be???
This is a touqh question! Mostly because I have a lot of scrapbooking related items already! But I think it would be a new paper trimmer that actually cuts straight! That is an invaluable tool. My Fiskars does not cut straight and neither does the other green one (not a cutterpede but can't remember the brand) that I have. This, as you know, can be very aggravating. But, now that I've thought about it more, maybe it would be a wide format printer.

What are the things others do that really bug you?
Where to begin! When I was teaching it was a big no-no to whistle in my classroom. I don't like whistling. It hurts my ears and kids are really on key when they do it. I was very structured and consistent in my classroom so loosey-goosey-ness bothers me. Lateness. Morgan was really bad at this when we were first dating. He's much improved though. Sometimes I wonder at how we made it because he was so late sometimes! I am very bothered by open mouth chewers. I find this positvely gross! There have been people I've worked with who I could not eat in the same room with because they did it. I even had to stop dating someone because of this. Well, a few other things too but this was a big factor. Surprisingly, Morgan does this too! I'm not afraid to tell him to close it up though! Cussing...I am not bothered by the occasional obscenity. It's the people you hear out and about whose every other word is f-this and f-that. I believe people should, for the most part, try to express themselves in an intelligent manner. Yes, I understand and respect freedom of speech. However, out in public where there are children this is not appropriate. With freedom comes responsibility. Foul language is not being responsible. It's being offensive.
Lots of what bothers me comes from living with another person. My husband specifically. Those of you who live with another person. Husband, roommate, boyfriend/girlfriend.... or who have, know that these people can get on your nerves at times. So I won't go into all of that because as much as Morgan does to bother me, he's a good husband.
I also don't like it when people drive like idiots. They have what I call HUB syndrome. Head Up Butt. I love acronyms. I love to make them up. This stems from being a teacher for 8 years. Education is suffused with acronyms. Some of them soo long you can't possibly remember what they mean. So I started making acronyms up to entertain my coworkers. It became a bit of a game and now they do it too! Moving on....

I went to St. Cloud with Owen and Nikki this past Friday. What a fun trip. Unfortunately, we didn't get any crafting done. Just eating and shopping! We spent at good 2 1/2 hours in the BIG Craft's Direct store. My favorite purchase was this book! I love Cathy Z's work.

I have her first book and it is like my scrapbooking bible. I like my work to be precise. Everything straight. Lined up. Balanced. She discusses basic design principles in the first book and then sort of expands on them in the second. I'm not all the way through it yet (yes, I'm reading cover to cover!) but so far it's great. I also was able to use a 50% off coupon on it! I love a deal.

I also got some wool felt to use on the purse I'm working on. And a few other goodies. Nikki got cute frog and jungle fabric for me to make book bags with for her to give as Christmas gifts. So it was a fun trip.

Thank you, everyone who wished me luck with my design team stuff. I was not selected. However, I sent stuff in for another one! I should hear about that, or not, today. It's nice they don't keep people waiting forever. I would really like to be on a DT however, I don't like the rejection part. But you don't know until you give it a try. Here's one of my layouts. My favorite one that I've done recently. It took me foever to find the right patterened paper. Which got me thinking that I really need to find a way to organize my patterned papers. So I bought some organizer drawers at Target. But now I have to figure out how I'm going to do it. So if you all have suggestions PLEASE post them for me in the comments!! I am good at the task of organizing but not always the ideas of what to do! And I'm sure many of you have already had to do this task!

And one last thing. This morning when I checked my e-mail I had a nice message from Denise at Sentiments By Denise.
I was a winner in her 100th celebration. So she is sending me a prize!
Check out her blog. She is very creative and posts great recipes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you do work. I am a SAHM too, our job is the hardest of them all! We just don't get paid..LOL. I know what you mean about the grind, getting up early with kids, taking them to sporting events, helping with the homework, getting school clothes ready. Trust me, I know...LOL

Dana