Thursday, October 05, 2006

My life long challenge...

is candy! This happens to be the topic of the 2P's challenge for today. Halloween candy...what's your fave? Well, hmmm.... ANYTHING CHOCOLATE! I am not into the smarties, sweet tart, laffy taffy sort of stuff. But anything from a Tootsie Roll to a big ol' peanut butter cup I'll take! I love chocolate and ice cream. Oh, and chocolate chip cookies. Our cook at school makes the best ones. One day I think I had eight of them. Yes, EIGHT! Let's just say I had a serious headache. Now, most people brag about being able to hold their liquor. Well, I can hold my chocolate. I do get a little torked up and then come down with a nasty headache though. I'm also hypoglycemic so a little sugar goes a long way with me but I just don't know when to stop. So a bag of candy doesn't last long around me. It CALLS MY NAME! Chants it to be exact. That's why it isn't supposed to be in our house. Otherwise, I turn into this guy! And that just ain't pretty!




I saw something fun on Denise's Blog and thought I'd do one here. (I hope she doesn't mind) It's called Thursday's Thirteen. So here is my version for today:

Thirteen Things I Could Do Without
  1. Headaches. I've had and gotten them regularly for years. I think I'd like them to stop now.
  2. Excess fat cells. Need I say more. They get in the way and take up too much space in my skin!
  3. Bills. Just a waste of good money that could be better spent on shoes, craft supplies or CHOCOLATE!
  4. Senseless violence. People need to stop. Just STOP. It's all very kindergarten if you think about it.
  5. Clutter. In the form of junk mail, the "stuff" that husbands insist on keeping and just TOO MUCH STUFF laying around!
  6. Toe jam/fuzzies. I have a thing about my socks. I don't like "stuff" in my socks or between my toes. I'm one of those sensitive to tags sort of people. Can't have something rubbing me the wrong way.
  7. Acne. Again... need I say more.
  8. Sticks. In the yard. The ones the trees insist on dropping. When I was a kid my mom would tell me and my sister to go out and pick up the sticks in the yard. I HATED THIS! Yes, strong words. But I did. I tend to be a little obsessive so I wanted to pick up ALL the sticks. Well, I still have that problem. I can't be in the yard for too long before the sticks become an issue.
  9. Snowsuits. I don't like bulky things. I'm a little person and clothes tend to bulk up on me. So anything meant to be bulky can make me.... well... the the above picture!
  10. Telemarketing. I don't like to talk on the phone. I especially don't want to talk to people who are trying to sell me stuff! I've been known to tell them that I don't have whatever it is they are trying to replace. Including windows!
  11. Rude retail clerks. I worked retail for a long time. It was crappy sometiems but I tried to be pleasant. I don't like it when my already difficult day is darkend by someone else's rudeness. There is a woman at the Target by us that I won't go to because you are lucky if she acknowledges you are there! SO RUDE!
  12. Foul language. I'm not a fan of cussing. There are so many words people can use that are so much more intelligent sounding. I'd rather "cuss" someone out with BIG words than dirty ones.
  13. and finally.... VIDEO GAMES! I'm not talking the nice Pac Man variety. I'm talking the Grand Theft Auto variety. The how-many-can-I-kill variety. I think these are dumb and a waste. The people who write video games are SO SMART why can't use all those brains to write code for programs that are less violent. I guess this relates to #12 and #4.
So that's my thirteen for today. Have a great Thursday. Looks like MN is going to have another beautiful fall day!


No comments: