Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Yesterday I realized...

Owen is the kind of child who would stick something into an outlet to see what happens. This is both good and bad. It's bad for the very obvious danger factor. It's good because it shows how curious and inquisitive he is. He is a very busy baby! The teacher's aides at our class were saying how he just loves to crawl up onto the shelves and how happy he is and that he makes them smile. He was also flirting with the student teacher! Right now he's napping and probably not for much longer because his baby radar will tell him mommy is doing something and he will wake up.
He didn't have a morning nap before our class this morning so he fell asleep on the way home. It's a 2 mile drive! I'm getting smarter everyday though so I had a bottle ready when we got home so I gave it to him and then plopped him into bed. He's been asleep for almost 2 hours!
Yesterday he woke up at 6:30am and was awake for most of the day with the exception of an hour nap that he took around 12:30pm. It took him an hour to finally settle down long enough to take that nap! Then he was going, going, going until 8pm.
He is into everything lately too. Pulling himself up on all the funiture. Crawling under the tables and bed. Pulling things off of shelves. He pulled the cover off of his night light yesterday and it broke. So I took it out of the outlet. Before I could get a cover for the outlet he was on his way back over there to check it out. And stuck his finger straight up to it! While I was in the shower today he was in his exersaucer trying to pull the drawers out of the vanity. Luckily the drawers were up high enough that he couldn't pull them too far out. He gets mad now when I take him away from something he shouldn't be playing with. Throws his head back and arches his back and kicks his feet! Stinker! Everyday brings something new! It will be nice when it's warmer out and we can get outside for walks again.

I was not selected for the design team I submitted work for. But I thought I'd share my submissions with you!The birthday card I sent off to my cousin who lives in Montana. Her birthday is on Saturday. The Valentine's card is for Morgan.
I am almost finished with my circle journal. I have to do my layout in it and then I can get it ready to send off to Canada! I am very excited to get started on this little project. I have never done any collaborative work like this so it should be fun and interesting! I will post the pictures of my journal when I've got it all finished up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the journaling on Who's that Girl.

I can't wait to see some pictures of your circle journal. I thought about responding to your post to join the group but I was too chicken!

Lynn said...

Hi Heather! Wow, it sure seems like Owen is coming into his own the past few weeks that I've been missing in action. These are the times I like to call "Love/Hate" You love em' but hate what they are getting into.lol I loved all your wonderful work. Sorry you didn't get picked. Your journaling on "Who's that Girl" was absolutely terrific. I think a lot of us feel the same exact way.
Can't wait to see what kind of Shannigans Owen will get into tomorrow.

Bonita Rose said...

love your work Heather!
hugs,

Noelia said...

1- Owen is a typical boy, always getting into trouble but he charms his way out..doesn't he?
2- Don't give up submitting your work for DT's because it's awesome! I'm loving your double stitching girl! Chin up!
3- Ok...about that last LO. You look fantastic in your skinny jeans! Great layout overall and the journaling is nothing less than perfect. You caught the very essence of inadequacy some of us women feel about our bodies. Joy Bohon's got nothing on you! lol
4- I needed to take a break from my CJ because I'm behind and I'm feeling the pressure LOL! So thanks for posting this great post, now I gotta go back to my CJ.

Happy Valentine's Day to you too!