Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ta da!

Here is my circle journal.



Now that it is finished there are things I'd like to go back and change. But I don't have it so I can't! I am mostly uncomfortable with all the white space and the lack of glitter. I think it might need some red glitter. But then again couldn't we all! And I didn't do any of the type on the computer. It's all my own handwriting. Which I haven't done in ages. Once I got the hang of doing type for layouts I stopped writing on my pages. Bu I decided that since this is a journal I should write in it. Which I am now regretting. Or it could be the white space. If you want/need to see the cover it's back a few posts.

And this is why I am such a creative procrastinator. I have an idea in my head and if I can't get it to look exactly the way I want it to I give up. I stop. And that's what I've got to stop doing. Lately I've been trying to create a little something everyday. Most days I am not happy with the way the "little something" turns out and I end up walking away but sometimes it goes okay. And when I can't come up with something to do I get out my All About Me album and work on that. I try to keep in mind that I create because I like to. Because of the way it makes me feel. Kind of like why some people run. I enjoy making things and working with my hands. It's a controlled mess. Sort of. It's my mess and it's in my room so I can just leave it. I've got to get over what other people think. I don't care what they think about the rest of my life. I shouldn't care if my artwork is pleasing to others either!

My doctor's appointment went well. He seems to think it's the onset of a sinus infection. So he gave me a round of antibiotics to see if that clears things up. My headache and my neck pain seem to be causing each other. He thinks if the headache goes away the neck pain will clear up too. At this point I'd take the headache over the neck pain. I can't turn my head to the right most of the time and that's rather bothersome for changing lanes and making right turns. And general everyday functioning too. I told Morgan tonight that the benefit of being a person who works outside of the home is that when you are sick you can stay home and rest. But when you stay home you can't tell the baby to stay in the crib all day so mommy can rest. Or play quietly so mommy can nap. Or stop biting my toes... you get what I mean.

Today is Fat Tuesday. Even though I'm not Catholic, all those years teaching in a Catholic school made an impression, so I usually give something up for Lent. And it's usually sweets. This year will be no different. So right now I'm finishing up my last hot fudge sundae from Culver's. My favorite! I fell off my fitness wagon a couple, okay three, weeks ago and it's been dragging my behind it ever since. So I need to get off the sauce (hot fudge) and pull my bee-hind back up on the wagon. I don't know why all the things that are bad for me have to taste good. And french fries and ice cream certainly fill me up better than lettuce!

Baby class was good today. Owen didn't get into anything he wasn't supposed to and no other babies got hurt by him climbing over them. There is one baby boy who is bigger and older than Owen but he wasn't there today. It turns out the grandma of one of the little girls was my supervising teacher for student teaching. The world is small, isn't it!?

4 comments:

Noelia said...

I LOVE IT! Love your design, your handwritting and the colours you choose are FAB! hehe
I've been dying to see your Journal girl and it is everything I expected and more. I love your colour choices did I mention that? Your sign-in pages are beautiful! I love the little white envelopes and how you stamped on it for us to put our names on it. Oh Heather I can't wait to see it IRL! It's coming soon! I'm off to e-mail you with some questions...enquiring minds want to know the supplies you used...

P.S I can totally relate to what you say about not been satisfied about something you do, don't let that stop you. I'm like that too, that's why I didn't scrap for almost the first entire year that I discovered scrapbooking...anyway I do understand where you're coming from...

P.P.S Hopefully the antibiotics will make you feel better. Let us know how it goes ok?

Sofia said...

Looks great! I can totally relate to the creative procrastination thing. I have a problem with that too. I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to things like that and I get frustrated when things don't turn out "just right". I too have a hard time letting go and letting it be "good enough" for me. Good for you for trying to do something creative everyday.

toners said...

Gorgeous work :) I love the colors!!

saffiertje said...

Yhis is so great! Love the style and colors and especially the journalling page....