Monday, February 19, 2007

Time for some...

catch up! Here are my Deck of You cards for the last 3 weeks. This card is Week 4, a symbol you love. The claddagh. I did a little work on the picture I took of my t-shit a couple weeks ago and used that.
This card is Week 5. We were to use some kind of ephemera from our week. So I flattened a cap from a bottle of root beer.
And this is Week 6. The theme was Love, Love, Love. I love my boys!

This week is week 7 and the theme is shoes. I love shoes. I need to do some thinking on this one.

After work tonight I went to JoAnn's to use my coupons. I had a 50% for Michael's but I always use them at JoAnn's because I like the store better and I only want to make one trip. I bought a book called Visual Chronicles. It's about keeping art journals. I'm going to try out some collage and this book looked like it has some fun and interesting ideas for that. I also got a new black pigment ink pad, a small canvas, a small display easel and something else but I can't remember what! It's getting late and I'm tired!
Owen was a bit of a baby crab apple today. He woke up from his nap on the wrong side of the crib and got all upset and threw up. This is a rather common occurence. He finally settled down after I got out the vacuum cleaner. He's fascinated by it but he has to be confined while I use it or he chases after the cord the whole time.
I've also still got the headache that made me sick last Monday. It subsides a bit but eventually comes back. So tomorrow I'm going to go to the doctor and see if they can determine what the problem might be. My neck is also very sore on the right side. Which feels better and worse throughout the day. This all makes dealing with a baby crab apple more stressful!
I'm hoping to get a circle journal in the mail tomorrow. I get Sandee's first. Her work is what inspired me to do a little collage stuff. She has a beautiful and interesting style. You can see her journal on her blog.
I will post pictures of my journal soon. I've got to get to bed. Happy Fat Tuesday tomorrow!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cards are amazing! Love them all!

Lynn said...

What great deck of cards Heather. I love the photo of your "boys". I'm sorry that Owen is waking up on the wrong side of his crib lately. It sure can be frustrating especially when your not feeling great yourself. I hope things get better. Hopefully your dr. will say it's something very simple. Get well.

Noelia said...

Sorry you had to deal with a baby crab apple yesterday. Joshua has his bad days too when he's clingy and whines
What happened at the Dr's? I hope you had good news.
That deck of cards is looking good girl! I love love the symbol one and of course Owen with his daddy. The rootbeer one is clever, I had a rootbeer float during the weekend and now I'm craving it again!
Everytime you post your DOC it makes me want to start some too...I even got a deck of cards and I painted some but I still haven't started it...is it too late now?
I'm done rambling...for now :)

Anonymous said...

your cards are super fun..what did you use to write the date on the boys cards?...listening to you and other new moms just makes me crack up...just wait for what life is like with boys when they can walk, talk and drive...oh don't forget the girlfriends! love every moment of it, go with the flow, miss a few, naps live it up a little!!
Pam