Friday, February 23, 2007

Last night...

was AWFUL! Owen did not take another nap yesterday. Just the one in the morning. Which we got to only because he fell asleep while I was holding him. It was a good nap. About 2 hours. Then we had lunch with my mom and Miranda. Came home for a bottle and a nap. And he was having none of it. So we played. He wasn't crabby. Just a little quiet. I worked last night and got home around 8. Morgan was giving Owen a bottle and then we had a short story and he went in the crib. He fussed a bit. Which is unusual. Then around 11:45pm he woke up. Screaming and crying! He was wet so I changed him. Which is always fun when he's in a "chucky" state. (You know that evil doll from the movies from a while ago??) Then we cuddled for a bit. I tried putting him back down two more times and he was not having any of that. He just screamed and cried. I tried a little Tylenol. That didn't help. FINALLY Morgan got up. After I shut a couple of doors firmly. He took Owen and I left. This was at 1:30am. I went out to the car and cried. I just needed a little time away from the crying. I had intended to go somewhere. But there's not really anywhere to go at 1:30 in the morning in your PJ's. I eventually went back in the house. Morgan and Owen were sitting in the recliner reading a book. With the lights low. Owen was quiet but not interested in sleeping. Morgan tried putting him down. More crying and screaming. So he got him back out. We sat in the study and listened to a Garrison Keillor Podcast and looked at the paper star light we have hanging in there. Eventually he fell asleep. Sitting up with me on the futon. Morgan took him and gently put him back in his crib. It was 3am. He slept until 6:30am. One would think that all that fussing would have tired him out more. But he was up at his regular time. So we had breakfast. And then played. And had a bottle. At 8:30 I was so tired and had had enough. He needed a diaper change so I took him in his room and changed his diaper and put him in his crib with the slipper he was chewing on and closed the door. There was a little fussing but he fell asleep. It's now 10:30am and he's still asleep. I had bit of a nap. Until Morgan called. Somedays he just doesn't have a clue. I love my husband. He is a good man and a good father. But he is not the mama. And he's not a woman. And no matter how close he and his twin sister are and have been all their lives he just doesn't get some things. And probably never will. I called him yesterday after I tried putting Owen down and he was crying and told him I'd had enough. I didn't know what to do. And later when I talked to him he said I just needed to let him know when I am at the end of my rope. So last night I was at the end and what did he do. Gave Owen to me to change (he originally got up with O at 11:45)! He said he'd already been up 2 hours longer than he had wanted to be because I had been reading with the light on! Well, that was NOT TRUE! He was up because he was on the computer working on his speech. It had nothing to do with me. Today when he called he admitted that he had his head firmly lodged up his A@# last night and wasn't very helpful.

Hopefully today will be better. Maybe there will be another nap in the cards. George did not bring Sandee's Circle Journal. It's supposed to start snowing tonight. And snow until Sunday. I hope it misses us. I've had enough cold, gray blah yucky weather. I am not a winter person. I'm a Spring and Fall person. Mild, gentle weather. Tomorrow is my monthly crop too. So I'm hoping the weather cooperates for that. I need to get out of the house for a day.

My committment to giving up sugar for Lent lasted 1 whole day! Yes, Maggie, 1 whole day!!! Last night I didn't bring anything for dinner when I went to work so I went down to the vending machine and got some chips. But there were also Girl Scout Cookies and big chocolate bars in our kitchenette. So I ate them. 6 thin mints and 2 pieces of chocolate. I cannot survive cranky baby without chocolate. Morgan said maybe I could try moderation instead of cold turkey.

Now I need to upload some photos to Costco's photo site so I have some pictures to scrap tomorrow! I want to get caught up on Owen's book. It has the first page done!!

No comments: