Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A peek at...

my little obsession! I love gnomes. I can't really tell you why. They are little and funny looking (maybe I feel a little familiarity with them!) and just plain cute. My sister gave me this shirt the other day and so I thought I'd post some pics of my collection along with the shirt!





These all hang out in our living room or entry way. I have a few I put outside during the warmer months. When I was at JoAnn's the other day I saw a bunch of them! I resisted though. I think Morgan would have a fit if I came home with more. Someday I'd like to have a little garden just for gnomes. I'd also like to do a little mini album about a gnome on the go and take him around to different places and take pictures. I keep telling Morgan I want to take one down the street to this house on the corner that has a Blessed Virgin Mary statue and take a picture with her. I suppose there are Catholics who would find this appalling but I don't mean it in an irreverent way. And as a Lutheran I don't have a problem with it!
Today we have our baby class. It's a good thing the school isn't too far away. It's snowing and still rather cold. Owen is down for an early nap before we go. Luckily he fell asleep just fine. He was a bit of a fuss bucket yesterday and did not have an afternoon nap. Istead he decided to cry and cry until he threw up. So he and his crib needed a changing. Which just makes him more mad. I guess he did this same thing at bedtime last night (I was at work) and Morgan ended up having to change him out of his PJ's and give him a bath. I think he's teething again. He's not normally so a sour puss. I have some cute photos I took of him yesterday to post later. Now I've got to get myself ready for our class! I can't go in my PJ's!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if other people buy them for you then he wouldn't be able to say anything. I mean a gift is a gift and you can't not accept it... ;)

Anonymous said...

have fun @ your class today, careful going out there and hope lil "O" feels better.
lynda

Noelia said...

That shirt is too cute! I have now officially "met" someone obsessed with gnomes! Cool! lol
And that gnome on the go mini-album idea...is genius. Once your little gnome is done visiting your neighbourhood, ship him up north and I will take him to the CN Tower and Niagara Falls and send him back to his mama with lovely pictures :)
Hope you had fun at your baby classes.

Anonymous said...

I am wondering why you didn't take a picture of the shirt while you were wearing it???!!!!! HAHAHAHA I just had to go there again!! Great shirt by the way!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Ok, you can just admit it: you write those Travelocity Gnome commercials, dontcha? ROFL Well, you COULD! "Am I going to DIE?" I love that one....

Alyssa said...

I love the gnome mini album idea...that would be very fun to go around packin' a gnome...Have Gnome, will travel!

Ronda Palazzari said...

These make me laugh! Love all those gnomes.