Saturday, February 17, 2007

Today's adventure...

The Como Park Conservatory

That is my mom in the foreground!

That is actually 4 pictures that I took and then stitched them together. Isn't that cool! I discovered this when I was preparing some things for the design team I applied for. I had a larger project that I couldn't get a good picture of with one photo so I took 4 and put them together. Then I used the photo stitch program that came with our camera. It's super easy to use and works great!
I have another one I did of these huge palm trees. But I can't get it to load the correct direction! Blogger likes to load my photos all the landscape direction and won't do the portrait direction. I don't know why that is. It's very frustrating.

I decided yesterday that my mom and I should take Owen to the conservatory today. It's too cold for the zoo but the conservatory is beautiful year round. So we went! They recently added on a large visitors center and a tropical experience area. Owen loved it. There were tons of plants and people for him to watch and look at.This is a brown tree fern.
Here is Owen watching the waterfall in the Fern Room.
Here is a close up of a huge palm leaf. It was probably 2x4 feet. This is the backside of the leaf. I thought it was beautiful how the light was coming through it.

This is the sunken garden. I have some other lovely photos of this but they are portrait style and won't post correctly.

Here is Owen watching some big fish. He really enjoyed them!

We had a good time. It was nice to get out of the house and be someplace sort of outdoors and in the sunlight. The conservatory has always been one of my favorite places to go. I love to take pictures there. And it's not an expensive place to go either. It's free actually, but they have a suggested donation. I love that too. It's available and accessible to everyone.


7 comments:

Jan said...

Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the panorama stitch! I love convervatories - we have a great one in Chicago (where I'm originally from). xo

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hey, gf, sounds like a great time. I'm back! And go check out my blog, I made a slide show of my circle journal and posted it today. I guess I should post a group email but who wants to see my silly journal? LOL Have a great day!

Noelia said...

You took some amazing pictures! I love how you did the panoramic one. And my fave is the back of the leave one. Owen seems to have enjoyed his field trip to!


Aimeslee:I'm going to check out your blog gurl!

Maureen said...

Beautiful photos! I love walking thru there when I'm at Como. Want to get back there soon.

MNScrapbookmom said...

Love the Conservatory, such a great place to visit.

Anonymous said...

looks like u all had a great time. and how great u wer able to get out and be in @ the same time. love the leaf pic too. owen, he's adorable...

lynda