Thursday, February 15, 2007

A little love...

The red velvet cake kind! Yesterday I made cupcakes. Red velvet ones. I'd like to say I made them from scratch but it was a mix. They still tasted good! For Christmas Morgan gave me a cake decorating set so I tried that out. I was going to make a trip down to my school to visit the girls and drop off some cupcakes but I didn't have enough time after I got the cupcakes made. Sorry girls!
Morgan and Owen gave me flowers for Valentine's Day. The tulips are from Morgan and the rose is from Owen.
And my mom stopped by yesterday evening for a little visit. Here she is with Owen. His first Valentine's Day. My mom brought him a little red puppy that is super soft. He looks a bit like Clifford and a little flashlight. The flashlight has disco sort of lights that flash when you pick it up by the handle. And some little bugs dangling from the end. It also makes some clicking noises. He loved it.
Today I need to get my circle journal finished up. I was supposed to mail it today but the mailman comes at 10am and Owen has not had a nap yet so I was not able to finish and get it in the mail. Owen's change of nap plans has thrown a wrench in the routine of our day. It seems as though I can't get more than 10 minutes to do anything while he's awake! And certainly nothing that requires much concentration because I need to keep 1 eye on him at all times. Right now he's sitting directly behind me in his swing (which won't swing because the batteries are dead) looking at a book. So this will be the end of my post because he won't be happy much longer!

3 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

your flowers look sooo beautiful.. glad u had a great valentines day!

Noelia said...

Those cupcakes look yummy and the flowers are beautiful :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

I want some cupcakes they look yummmmm.
Owen is such a cuddle-puss, such a cutie! Gosh, I think your mom is younger than me.....sheesh, I'm old!! LOL