Thursday, February 08, 2007

What worse than a crappy day...

A sick day! Before I was a mommy sick days weren't that bad. Except for the sick part of course. But I would stay home and sleep. Then I'd feel better. Well, when you are a mommy being sick doesn't much matter to the baby. He still needs what he needs. So when I woke up this morning with an awful headache and dizziness akin to a hang over I thought I would just push through, that it would pass. So Morgan went off to work and Owen and I did what we do. Breakfast. Playtime. Bottle. During playtime I ran to the bathroom to throw up. Nothing happened. I'm not a good puker. So I went back to playing. Or watching the playing. Then during bottle time I had to put Owen down to run to the bathroom again. This time I was able to throw up. Yay me! The rocking of the rocker did not help the dizziness. So after I threw up I called my mom and asked if she could come over. Luckily she has like a gazillion days of vacation and so even if she stayed for a month she'd still be good. So I finished feeding Owen and told him he needed to be a good napper (he was) threw up 5 more times and then laid down on the couch until my mom arrived. She stayed until around noon. I was feeling better enough to make it the rest of the day and go into work for a few hours too. My stomach still isn't quite right but hopefully tomorrow I will back to 100%.

I've gotten behind on my 2P's challenges so a quick catch up here. Today was who would you trade places with for a month if you could. Answer: No one. Everyone's life has it's highs and lows and in my life I know what they are. I'll stick with what I know! Yesterdays challenge was what is your favorite thing to wear this time of year. Answer: Pajamas. This is not exclusive to this time of year either. I'd wear PJ's all the time if I could get away with it and not get funny looks out in public. I miss that part of college. It seems like the only place where it's acceptable to wear your PJ's out and about. Although I went to college when flannel was very "in". At least in Wisconsin!

Now for a little Valentine's bloggin. Aimeslee had this on her blog and basically if you read it you were tagged. So I said I'd do it. It's a meme ( I don't know what that means... Aimes???) So I copied it from her blog, pasted it here, and put in my own answers!

Now, for that Early Valentine's Day Meme! (You know the drill--give your answers in my comment section or let us know if you do it on your own blog!!)

(1) Celebrate or Not? - Yes. I make Morgan a card. I gets me one and writes a little note in it. Usually a silly one. Our form of romance is more goofy silly instead of mushy passionate!

(2) Most Romantic Gift Received – Mmmmm.... I'm thinking...... from Morgan?? Well.... still thinking.... I think it's romantic when he remembers something that I said I'd like and gets it!

(3) Worst Date — The blind ones! And no, I don't mean with blind men!

(4) If you could tell your significant other what you’d REALLY like for Valentine’s Day, what would you tell him/her? - I don't need to hid anything from Morgan. And what I'd really like would probably involve a lifetime supply of something chocolate!

(5) Complete the sentence: “Love means never having to say _______” - yes to sex when you want to say no LOL (This was Aimeslee's answer... I loved it so I kept it!)

(6) Best Chocolate - I will try them all once!

(7) Dream Valentine’s Menu - All chocolate... all day! (See a theme here????)

(8) Most Romantic Movie - That of course totally depends on how old you are and who you are. But I'm going to go with The Princess Bride. I've loved that movie from the first time I saw it. I was probably 12. It was romantic then and it still is.

(9) If you had a Conversation Heart that said how you were feeling right now, it would say - "nauseous" (No GIRLS, I'm not pregnant!)

(10) Pink or Red? - Pink or red what?? I hate these ambiguous questions!

So who's next???

I have more I'd like to write about but I'm tired. It's 9:20pm and I'm done for the day. Isn't that sad? When I was in college I'd just be finishing up my studying so I could go out with my girlfriends! Ha ha ha! Now 10:30pm is a late night.

2 comments:

Noelia said...

Whatever Joshua had was passed on to me because I've been sick since last night until this morning. Today I felt lightheaded and nauseated. I think I was probably dehydrated because I could not hold anything down. With that being said...I feel your pain and I hope you feel better after a good night's rest. You're furtunate that your mom is there to help just in case when you need her.

Bonita Rose said...

love those questions.. they are great!