Monday, February 05, 2007

Still...

bloody cold! 8:45 am and current temp is -18˙. I don't know what the windchill is. I let Ludwig out a bit ago and it was super cold!

Today Owen is 9 months old!! Here he is! I got him to sit still for a very brief moment to take his picture with the iSight camera. We have his 9 month check up appointment on Wednesday. More shots. Not my favorite. I'm als going to try and get him in to have professional pictures done. We've not done this before. I've always set up my own little shoot. But it's too cold to do it in the garage now and the lighting just isn't right anywhere in the house this time of year.

The 2P's challenge for today is: Tell us all something about yourself that not many people know.
Well, that's a bit difficult since my sister and some of my good friends read this but I'll do my best. When I was younger I was a dancer. I loved to dance. And when I grew up I wanted to be a Rockette. Unfortunately, that dream died around about the 6th grade when I stopped growing. With shoes I top out at about 5 feet. I'm just not what the Rockettes are looking for. I think most of those women have legs that are the length of my body!!

Here are a couple more pictures of my little man. Yes, the first one is oriented correctly. He was laying in my lap playing and just looked so cute and funny. He's not still like that for too long and the camera was close by so I snapped this one quickly. I finished up the layouts I was working on for the design team call at 2 Jill's and sent that off yesterday. They announce the new DT next Sunday. 7 days seems like a long time! Especially when you are not patient! I am happy with the work I submitted but I'm not holding my breath about being chosen. But if I never try, I'll never know!

Stay warm!!

7 comments:

Janelle said...

Qwen is such a precious little guy!

Janelle said...

Sorry--hit the Q instead of the O! How did THAT happen!?

Theresa said...

What a cute little guy! It's cold here too. Supposed to be 18 for the high, wind chill has it zero right now, brrrrr!!!!!

EquineSpirit said...

Awwww....whata cutie!!

Anonymous said...

what a handsome lil guy "O" is. good luck @ the dr's.
btw, i'm trying to get over to joanns for some material for the bags. last week turned into a nitemare. dd with the "broken" nose, turned out not to be broken. so we had some drama there. then on thurs. nite she decided to be "linda blair" w/ projectile puking, yeah not fun. so i will try this wk to get over there
toodles
lynda

Noelia said...

It's freezing cold here too! Love Owen's pictures! Let us know when you get your profesionnal pics done, I did some for the kids and I haven't gone back to choose them...isn't that terrible? Life just got in the way. I'm sorry you had to give up your dream of being in the Rockettes, I'm sure you can still dance for recreational purposes because it seems to be a big passion in your life. You don't have to give it up completely. And hey, the best things in life come in small packages...remember that (from one 5-foot mama to another!)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your DT call!

Aimeslee Winans said...

OMG, great photos, I think I like the last one best. Hard to choose.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya on the DT thing. I don't do that stuff, but I applaud those who do!

*hugs*