Thursday, February 22, 2007

Week 7 of...

Deck of You cards. I found the picture on the internet. The rest I did in PSE except for the ribbon and the date stamp. The frame around the photo is a Rhonna Farrer one from 2P's. The font on Shoes is called "selfish". I think. I changed it a couple of times. I can't remember what I used for the quote. The quote is what one of the witches said. I can't remember if it was the East or West witch!
Still no circle journal in the mail. Can you tell I'm not a patient person!?

Oh, and a little ramble. I've been thinking about technology lately. The pros and cons of all of it.
I love my computer. It's very cool. And fast. And allows me to do neat things like my card up there. Up until not too long ago we were still doing dial up and our computer was 8 years old. And then we upgraded. But the part I love most about it is that it keeps me company. Not the actual computer itself. But what it does. It helps me stay in touch with my friends who are still at work. And has allowed me to meet some really nice people who do stay home!
Now cell phones can be a pain but they can be great too. Think of all the people who are saved by them. People who need help out somewhere that people wouldn't find them any other way. Yes, we may ask "what the heck are they doing in a place like that anyway?!" but the phone helped them. And when 9/11 happened. Those people were able to say good-bye. And here's why I think they are cool. Maggie was skiing in Colorado until yesterday. And on Monday I was coming back from somewhere and I called her to tell her something. I was in MN and she was in CO. But I could still call her! No long distance charges. No looking up the number for the hotel. Just flipped open my phone and picked her name from my list and pressed talk. And she answered. And we talked.
The computer and the cell phone are about as fancy as I get. Morgan has an iPod and it is cool. But it's not really my thing. I don't listen to much music and when I do it's usually Owen's music. But whatever you are into there is some kind of gadget for you. I just think that's sort of cool. Oh, and I'm into my sewing machine too. Which has a chip of some kind in it that makes it do all kinds of cool stuff. I think today might be a sewing day.

10 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Awesome card - I love the wizard of oz reference! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I love your card! :-)

Unknown said...

Love the card its beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! Totally love the ruby slippers-I still can't decide what to do!!!!

Emily Falconbridge said...

LOVE this card - its gorgeous!

saffiertje said...

Super! Looks like magic tis card...

Anonymous said...

Great card!

Noelia said...

I love love this card!
You're rocking that deck of cards! it's such a treat to see your cards as you work on them.
I haven't played with my sewing machine in a long long time, maybe once I get it set up, you can give me some pointers :)

Anonymous said...

Love U card! Looking forward to see the next allready!

Debbie Doughty said...

I love my computer, too, most of the time! The thing I love most is that my oldest daughter and I started blogging last year and it has been a great way for us to keep in touch and learn more about each other. The next best thing is getting to "meet" new people and see what creative things they are up to, like the Deck of Me cards. Seeing other interpretations every week is lots of fun and inspiring.