Monday, February 26, 2007

Ah...

Monday, again! Not really my favorite day. Can't really tell you why. It's just not. I acutally think it's my least favorite day.

I have a new banner for my blog! Here it is!Isn't it lovely! But the problem is that I don't know how to put it up there! So if anyone knows, could you tell me!? I figured out how to make one. But I can't find out how to put it in the blog. Grr! I could probably figure it out if I did a bit more research but I'm not currently in a research frame of mind.

The 2P's challenge for today is: If you can remember going on a family vacation. What was your favorite and why?

Well, I'd say my favorite was any vacation that we didn't go camping! When I was real young, under 12, we always went camping to the same place every summer. It was a lovely island up north. Beautiful lake and beach and lots to explore. The part I didn't like was all the fighting my parents did! And canoing was the worst. They would fight getting the canoe on the car, all the way there, getting it off the car, and then the whole time we were in the damn thing! That was a SUPER GOOD TIME!!! So I am not a fan of canoing. And I don't like to be outside in the summer all that much either so camping is basically the suckiest vacation I can imagine. If the weather is nice I don't mind too much. But in Minnesota the chances of it being too hot or raining while you are camping are pretty good. So that makes it suck.
I think my favorite vacation that we took was when I was older. In college. My mom, sister and I went to Winnipeg. It is a lovely city. I'd never been to Cananda. My mom and my sister had gone the year before without me so they had scoped it out a bit and knew different places to go. It was just a really great trip. Someday I hope Owen and I can go on a trip with just the two of them.

This weeks Deck of You theme is Who or What do you miss? You can check out Emily Falconbridge's Blog HERE. And join in the challenge! I'm really enjoying doing these little cards. I'm trying to use up my scrap with them too! I don't like to throw paper away so I have a drawer and basket dedicated to my scraps. I just always think I could use that little piece of paper for something! Especially the patterned ones.

On another note. Have you ever seen any of Claudine Hellmuth's books? You can check her out HERE. She is a collage artists and does some really neat stuff. Sandee, who's circle journal I have this month is a collage type artist. She does some lovely stuff. Very fun and quirky. So in preparation for working in her journal I got some books from the library on collage. I've done a bit of this kind of art in the past but needed some inspiration. One of the books is by Claudine and is so fun. So you will soon be seeing a little collage from me! Don't expect anything too fabulous though!

This weekend I started a little quote journal. I used the Hippy Chick papers by SEI for it. And I'm using 4x6 index dividers and cards. I love to write down quotes but end up having all kinds of pieces of paper and notes cards lying around with them on and I can't ever find one when I want it. So I saw an idea in Donna Downey's book on journals using the index cards so I modified it a bit to fit my quotes. I will post pictures when I have it finished a bit more.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey Heather, I just love your new banner, but as you know I am a computer idiot and would not be able to help you in this area. I don't know how you figured out how to make the darn thing to begin with.lol.
I have to tell you, I'm not a big fan of camping either. My husband really likes it and thinks the kids do,(but they don't either) so he keeps making them go. I stay home now. Sorry, I just love my bed.
I can't wait to see your quote journal, I'm sure it will be awesome. Hope you and Owen have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the quote journal. I did one myself not too long ago. I think it's posted in my 2peas gallery. I altered a Sarabinder. Ali Edwards had posted hers on her blog.

Noelia said...

Your banner looks awesome!! I love the colours and the overall feel. I didn't like camping either but since I've been married to Dan, he's made me appreciate it. I'd take a vacation in a cottage anytime over a tent but I'm used to it now. We're going camping this summer for sure and we're looking forward to it. Joshua has never been camping so we're excited for him. Looking forward to seeing your collage work and your quote book.

Anonymous said...

However you set up your current banner- you should be able to go into that and put the new one in somehow... I guess I'm the lucky one because I don't remember the fighting- I don't really remember the camping either...

Cammeron said...

Gorgeous banner!! I posted a thread up on 2ps to ask how to do it and someone gave me a link to a blog that walked me through it. Unfortunately I don't have the link anymore, but if you post a thread in the pub you're sure to get it!!
I am absolutely LOVING the deck of me cards. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to store them. I really want to be original but I just love everyone's ideas!

Maureen said...

I love your new banner. I wish I knew how to make a new banner. You should be able to go into the Dasboard, click on Templates, Add and Arrange Page Elements. You should see the Header and you can edit that and add it there. Hope this helps you add you new banners. Its beautiful.

Can't wait to see your quote journal