Monday, September 25, 2006

This is...

my favorite photo right now. I love to take pictures of flowers. Georgia O'Keeffe is my favorite artist. I am not a painter though. So I take pictures of them instead. I posted this photo a few posts back in its original format. I did a black & white conversion on it and a few filter layers to get it to look this way. I think I'm going to print and frame it. Someday I'd like to sell some stuff but I need to practice a lot more in order to do that.
This weekend was busy! Poor Owen always has a couple of rough days because we cram a lot into a weekend. Saturday we had to do some shopping. Morgan needed some new shirts and shoes for a couple of interviews he has this week. It would be a new position at SV but in something he is much more interested in. Communications. I don't quite understand what all the job entails but I think he really wants it and he definately needs a change. So please keep your fingers crossed for him and say a little prayer. Then we went to visit Morgan's brother and family to look at some hand-me-downs for Owen. My nephew Nathan had a bike accident a few weeks ago and got banged up pretty bad. He lost 3 teeth and looked all beat up. He was looking much better on Saturday. He is still missing the teeth but his face just looks so much better. Then we went to visit my Mom and Sissy. I got to see my first ever episode of Project Runway! What a neat show. I totally got sucked in. I wish we had cable. But then I'd be watching TV and not getting my work done. I also got the first page of Owen's baby book done on Saturday! I will post it sometime this week. I need to scan it in. I had laid it out a week or so ago and ended up taking it apart because it just was not working out. Then the printer ran out of ink and I had to wait for that to come so I could print the picture again!
Sunday we went to church and that is always during Owen's naptime and he doesn't nap during church anymore. He's too interested in what's going on. He was very good though and did not get cranky until we were at the shoe store (again!). Then I had book club and Owen wanted to visit Auntie Maggie. So he played with Maggie for a while and then he and Morgan went to the garage sale down the street and got some new outfits.
So today we are back to our normal routine. Eat, play, sleep. We are going to take a field trip to the craft store today. I need to get some yarn for a hat for Owen. I found a cute pattern and so I want to pick out some cute yarn for him. I also need to get some laundry done and upload some pictures to print and some other stuff I have already forgotten!
Oh! On Wednesdays I'm going to start posting some thought provoking questions for you to comment on! So stay tuned...

1 comment:

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Gorgeous photo!