Sunday, September 17, 2006

Everything is better with...

glitter! I LOVE glitter. At the Scrapping Bee yesterday I was making cards. Just a few little Christmas cards. I was inspired by one I saw in a magazine and decided to try out some new rub-ons and some paper from a stack I had. Well they just didn't look quite done. When I got home I sat and looked at them for a while and then dug out the glitter that I haven't used in ages. It was just the thing. Morgan thought they were cute too and I have decided that everything is better with glitter. Or a little sparkle. I love sparkly things. After the Christmas cards I did a little doodling and this is what came about. The larger dots on the bottom are a brighter turquoise color. I think maybe I need to continue to experiment with some of the things I have stashed away. I tend to hoard stuff and not use it. I've decided that's silly. I'm not realizing my full potential as a creative person when I do that and I'm not exploring the full potential of the "stuff" either. While it's nice to have stuff on hand when I run out I can always find some more. I really need to get to work using some paper! I especially love to hoard paper. So if you need some paper let me know!

On another note... we went to the farmer's market before church today. I love going there on overcast days. It's the best time to take pictures. I see the market in a whole new way since I started bringing the camera. I think it has started bothering Morgan though. Now he knows how I felt when he was spending loads of time taking pictures when we would go places! The difference is I'm not using up film! I love my (oops!, our) little digital camera. No film. That's great. No film or developing costs and I can take a ton of pictures so I get good ones. They are sparse some days. Here are some of my favorites from today. I like taking pictures of peppers the best. I don't like to eat them. Just photograph them! They are shiny and bright (notice a theme here?) and just look so beautiful.





No comments: