Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Soldiers...

In need. Steph over at 2P's found a website that is helping soldiers stationed over seas. Here is a link to the website called Anysoldier. Anyway, I searched for soldiers from MN and found a young girl named Taryn who is 20. She is stationed with several other girls. I would like to put together a package to send over there. If you are interested in helping out with this let me know and I can tell you what sorts of things we need to put in the package. Also, 3 of them are having birthdays in November. So I'd like to include some birthday related stuff and cards for them. Taryn's is the 4th. The day after mine. Another reason I choose her.
So, if you're interested let me know and I will get it organized. I did check out the website quite well. It is legit. I don't really have any strong political views but I don't like to be away from home and I know how difficult it is for me to sleep in a different bed, use a different bathroom and not have the choice of anything in my closet. I can't imagine how these young women must feel so I'd like to do something to help them be more comfortable. Thanks!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I read Steph's blog yesterday also. I also chose a solider in the air force. I picked him because NO else did and he posted 3 days ago. Some of the soliders had 50-70 people pick them. I just felt something when I saw that no one picked him. Good luck and if I can help you out with anything let me know

Stephanie said...

Thanks! People who are interested in the card drive can send inquiries to cards4troops@msn.com .

Anonymous said...

H- I'll help you do whatever you want. I went to that site and it made me sad. I mean its a great thing but just sad, there were like 3349 (+ or -) soldiers in that list. Thats more ppl than in C.P.