Friday, December 29, 2006

It's nice to be...

HOME! We got back into Minnesota at 12:15 pm on Tuesday. What a week! I am not much of traveler. I don't like sleeping in a different bed or using a different bathroom for too long. We arrived 4 days before Morgan's brother and sister and their families. That was nice. We were able to spend some time with just Morgan's parents and they were able to spend some time with just Owen. They have only seen him once and that was in June. After the rest of the family got there it was rather hectic and I get tired of so many people being around. My SIL children are also a bit undisciplined and that is always tiring!

On Thursday we went skiing in West Yellowstone. There is always more snow there than in Bozeman.Morgan pulled Owen in a Chariot that had a ski attachment. He had wanted to get one for our Chariot but now that he's used one he thinks he can do without until Owen learns to ski on his own! I had not skied in a few years and I was rusty. A combination of extra weight (my own!), crusty snow, and poor technique!
Here is a view from Morgan's parents house. They live south of Bozeman just a ways and the view is always beautiful. This is a sunset and the clouds that were rolling in that night. One day we took Owen for a hike while it was snowing. He loved it. I got lots of great pictures. Nature is always the perfect back drop for pictures.We also took him on the tobbogan one day. He loved that too. Just giggled and giggled. He was a very good little traveler. Slept well in the pack and play and didn't fuss on the airplane. He was fussy Christmas Eve though. He got a tooth! And today I discovered another one. So now Owen has his two bottom teeth.

Todays 2P's challenge:
The New Year is almost here.. thinking of any resolutions?? What do u hope to accomplish in this new year of 2007??? Blog about your goals and aspirations.

I like to write resolutions and goals. I also like the beginning of a new year. It's a time for me to start fresh. I always liked that about teaching too. A new week. A new quarter. A fresh start. So I have a little notebook I'm writing my goals in. My first goal is to get rid of my excess weight. I've got a plan. I need to lose it by Owen's birthday. So I have four months. I also want to get our house back in order. I want to get rid of the things we don't need, want or use. This is a challenge for me and Morgan. We are both collectors. Those are my two big goals.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Your photos are gorgeous and your baby boy is a doll! Great list of goals too!

Noelia said...

It's always nice to visit the family but it's just as nice to come back home isn't it? Seems like you had a wonderful time and your photos are gorgeous!

Aimeslee Winans said...

OMG such gorgeous photos. So glad you all got back safe and sound. I'm better now! Actually back into blogging and commenting, LOL. Thanks for checking up on me girlie! Much appreciated. And thanks for the catalog, I'm halfway through it now and too many "I wants" in there, LOL

MNScrapbookmom said...

Found your blog through Noelia's, but I think we met at Bonnie Roses's unveiling in Dec. '06. Love your blog, and your great photos. :) Kyra¥