Thursday, December 07, 2006

Baby...

it's cold outside! That happens to be one of my favorite holiday songs. The Dean Martin version. But it really is COLD outside! My dashboard forecaster says 2˚. Brrrr! Too cold for me! I've been listening to Christmas music almost non-stop. There is a station here that plays holiday music round the clock beginning before Thanksgiving.

I've been busy working on gifts. I'm doing 3 library bags for Nikki to give as gifts so I'm working on those right now. I gave up on the doll for my niece until I can get the right kind of fabric for the heard. Maybe I'll do that tonight. I don't have much to do at the office tonight so maybe I won't go it. I also have to take Ludwig to the vet for his check-up this afternoon. It occurred to me that I don't have Morgan's car today (a wagon) so Miranda and Owen will need to stay here while I take him because we can't all fit in my car. What a scene that would be. 1 baby and 1 very large dog crammed into the back seat of my Galant!

The 2P's challenge for today is to blog about your perfect hairstyle. Ugh! Hair. My hair was so wonderful while I was pregnant. It was full and obedient and didn't fall out hardly at all. Now it begs to be washed every other day and it comes out in clumps! Oh, and it doesn't do a darn thing! So my perfect hairstyle would be one that was easy, easy, easy! I would love to have it short again but Morgan so politely says it makes me look like a little boy! I also can't afford to have it cut once a month. However, it has been 6 months since my last cut. I have an appointment for next Tuesday to have it done. I wear my up most of the time because if I don't Owen will pull it. There was a chunk that had come loose yesterday and he was reaching for it. So it normally looks like this. I did manage to wash it today! That was the other thing about my hair while I was pregnant. It didn't need to be washed as frequently. That was great. I don't mind the washing part. It's the drying part that takes so long. I don't like to use a hair dryer because it makes my hair dry and dull. But I don't like running around with a head full of wet hair until it's dry either. So I clip it up and it dries on the outside and then later I have to let it down so the rest can dry.
I've also been known to let it grow and grow and grow. Until I found my current stylist I would get my hair cut about once a year because I was so afraid of what they would do to it. I had a few bad hair cutting incidents in my life. Now I keep it about shoulder length, sometimes a little shorter, but it has been waist length several times too. That's too much hair when you're only 5 feet tall!

The 2P's challenge for the other day was to blog about quirks in your family or things that drive you nuts about people in your family around the holidays. I decided to just let that one go! I don't need more stress while I'm preparing for our trip to MT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so with you about a ponytail
quick and easy!

Lynn said...

I didn't like the after pregnancy hair either. It always fell out in clumps! I do however love my hair now. I also don't get it cut that often maybe every 6 months to a year. I really should go a little more often just to get the dead ends off.

Anonymous said...

Love the ponytail solution too - it was my staple hairdo during the first 2 years of my kids' lives! But at 41, I've had to re-think that!

Noelia said...

I wear my hair up alot lately. I haven't had a haircut since February! I'll be going to see my stylist before the holidays that's for sure!