Tuesday, December 05, 2006

So much to do...

so little time! I was incorrect in thinking that since I'm not working I would have all kinds of time to make holiday presents and cards. I was mistaken. I started working on a doll for my niece today. I like to sew. Especially since I got a new sewing machine. But this doll thing is a pain in the ass! It's a pattern in the Martha Stewart Holiday magazine. Well, I couldn't find all the right materials for it so I improvised. Most of Martha's recipes or projects don't seem to lend themselves to improvisation. Ugh! So I had to redo part of it and it's just turning out like crap! CRAP! I made a list of all the things I want to accomplish in the next two weeks before we leave for MT and it was long. Too Long! Ugh!
One bright spot in the week though. Morgan cleaned the kitchen floor last night. This is the second time in as many weeks. This is HUGE! That is more than he has cleaned the floor in probably the seven months that we've had Owen! He also bought me a new iron last night. He went to Target alone, which he never does, and came home with a new iron for me! I was so excited to use it today.
And today is Owen's 7 month birthday! I can't believe it's been seven months! I also can't believe I still haven't lost my pregnancy weight! I actually think I've gained a bit since I've had him. Ugh! Just to shake things up he decided to pull his mobile down today! I was hearing weird sounds while I was in the bathtub this morning and thought "OH NO! Someone's in the house!" So I quietly get out, dry off and open the door to listen. The noises are coming from Owen's room. So I go in and there he is with the mobile in his hands! This is not a small mobile either and it's mounted to the crib pretty tightly. He must have used all his strength!
Now I'm off for some cocoa and some thinking on this pain in the ass doll!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather, they sell dolls in the store!!!! Just kidding!! Keep at it. I am sure it will turn out great. Bring it with on Sat. so I can see it!!!

Noelia said...

Good luck with your doll, I'm sure at the end it will be all worth while. Post a pic when you're done :)

Anonymous said...

Darlin' you need to just look at the pattern and not try to follow it so much. I will help you with it if you want. How hard can it be? Really its a doll! I mean look at the ones we saw at No Coast-