Friday, December 01, 2006

Watch this...



I found this video while I was blog hopping yesterday. It made me cry. First in a sad way and then in a happy way. It's a good little view for when you think our society is going to hell in a handbasket. And one only needs to turn on the daily news to get that impression.

Here's the Video Description

Sometimes, a hug is all what we need. Free hugs is a real life controversial story of Juan Mann, A man whos sole mission was to reach out and hug a stranger to brighten up their lives.

In this age of social disconnectivity and lack of human contact, the effects of the Free Hugs campaign became phenomenal.

As this symbol of human hope spread accross the city, police and officials ordered the Free Hugs campaign BANNED. What we then witness is the true spirit of humanity come together in what can only be described as awe inspiring.

In the Spirit of the free hugs campaign, PASS THIS TO A FRIEND and HUG A STRANGER! After all, If you can reach just one person...

Music by Sick Puppies. (Visit http://sickpuppies.net or http://myspace.com/sickpuppies for the music)
-----------------------------------

Thank you Aimeslee for telling me how to post the video!!!

Since today is December 1st I've decided it would be a good day to rededicate myself to losing the rest of my pregnancy weight. I don't want to wait until January 1st because that's too cliche. I think I should get a headstart on the new year. So if anyone else wants to shed a few unwanted pounds I'd be happy to have the company! Now I'm going to go get on my treadmill and then lift a few weights. My goals right now are to exercise everyday and drink 64oz of water everyday. I'll tackle my chocolate obsession next week! But since I ate the rest of the chocolate chips yesterday we don't have any chocolate in the house anymore!!! That makes it a little easier!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long could it take for you to lose 5 pounds???? Last time I saw you, you looked great!! Hope you and Owen have a great day!!!!
~Michele

Anonymous said...

Heather - that is so funny that you are such a chocaholic that you polished off the choc chips! ;)Sounds like something I would do.

I just love that hug video. Had I been there, I would have totally hugged him. I love hugging. Nothing like that warm fuzzy feeling you get from a hug - even if it's from a well-meaning stranger.

Lynn said...

OMG Heather, I sat here and cried while I watched that video. You were correct when you said it first was sad and then happy. Hard to believe that something like FREE HUGS could be banned. You will have to tell me how to post a video. I have no clue.

I am a freak for chocolate also! OMG it is my biggest downfall. Good luck with the weight loss. I'm in the same boat. I have at least 10 I want to lose.

Anonymous said...

good luck to you. it's hard but you can do it!

Sofia said...

Thank you for sharing that video. :-) It made me a little misty eyed too.

(((blogger hugs)))

Benita said...

Wow, that video brought tears to my eyes! Thanks so much for posting it!

I'll join you on your weight loss journey, although my treadmill broke recently & we had to return it :( I'm hoping to purchase a new one after the holidays, though. Best of luck to you!