Friday, December 08, 2006

A few...

holiday questions. These are taken from Bonnie Rose's Blog.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate! With marshmallows and a little Bailey's please!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa always wraps our presents.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights. We don't do any exterior lighting but the lights on our tree are always white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.

5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving. Or I try to. Last year it was later since I was pregnant.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love going to the Cheesecake Factory with The Girls and having Pumpkin Cheesecake!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Going to my grandparents house Christmas Day. Most of my best childhood memories are set at their house or with them.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? One year I got a dollhouse for Christmas. My mom assembled the whole thing. She was working on it in a back bedroom that we didn't really use for anything but storage. I was probably 7 or 8. I went in there looking for something, I don't remember what and found the dollhouse. When it showed up under the tree on Christmas day I knew Santa wasn't real. I was so upset. But I didn't tell a soul. I didn't want my mom to know I had found it! So I kept it a secret. For about 10 years!! We still do Santa.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. With my family we usually open gifts from one another on Christmas Eve and then gifts from Santa on Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With white lights, green and red bows, and a mish mash of ornaments that have some sentimental value or that I just love. I particularly like old fashioned looking glass ornaments. And a little glitter never hurts!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love the snow. As long as it's not super cold and I don't have to drive in it. In Minnesota it's hard to get enough snow at one time anymore to slow people down too much. It's kind of sad really.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes. I used to skate all the time when I was a child.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? From childhood the above mentioned dollhouse and a quilt that my grandma gave me. Now it would be the handmade gifts my sister gives me.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my family. Remembering the gift that we were given in Jesus. The warm fuzzy feeling of the season.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin pie. But I love all the cookies too!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Spending time with my family. I'm looking forward to Morgan and I establishing some of our own traditions with Owen. I also enjoy going to the Christmas Eve service with my mom at the church I grew up in. There is a man who sings Oh Holy Night like you have never heard it before!

17. What tops your tree? A gold wire angel. She's got glitter!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love giving the handmade gifts I've crafted for people. But I like to receive too!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Oh, that's a tough question! I love Frank Sinatra's Christmas Collection. But I also love so many of the traditional religious Christmas songs. Amy Grant has a wonderful Christmas collection that I play over and over.

20. Candy Canes? They are pretty. I eat about 2 a year. That's enough for me. They are great for stirring hot chocolate!

Here are two more of my favorite ornaments on the tree. Every teacher needs a little school bus right?? And I just love Betty Boop!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to make you stuff but you are being a pooper. :รพ

Lynn said...

I just love your Betty Boop ornament. I also love the Cheesecake Factory! Ohhhh.. their Godiva Chocolate cheesecake is out of this world!

Anonymous said...

Love , love , love this post! So fun getting to know you a little better. Cute ornaments.