Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ah...

Saturday. When I'm not the only parent at home. I also got to sleep a little bit longer. That's always nice.
Today my mom, sister and I are going to the No Coast Craft-o-Rama craft fair at the Midtown Global Market. If you are in the MN metro area check out the website and come on down. It's a great fair. Not your usual crocheted pot holders and frilly doll dresses craft fair.

Then we are going to the Picture Show Studio Sale. Here is that information if you are interested in going to that. They don't have a website so I scanned the post card I got in the mail. It's a great little sale. It's in an old house in St. Paul. My mom and I have been going for about 3 years now. They are the only rubber stamps I still buy. They have mounted and unmounted. I buy all unmounted. I mount them on foam with a cling back so I can use my acrylic blocks with them. And if you use acrylic stamps and don't have CTMH acrylic blocks you need to have a few! They are the best blocks I've seen. Shaped like a wood block but in acrylic. They have funky images. Some vintage like. A bunch of really cool alphabets. I love alphabets. I need to use them more.

My book club party last night was fun. There are 4 of us with babies and two more expecting next May. The babies are all within about 4 months. When we started the book club 2 years ago there was only 1 baby!
It was fun to see Owen playing with the baby girl who is 8 weeks older than he his. She is sitting up now and crawling and Owen isn't. He's doing his scooting but she gets around much more efficiently. He was chewing on her feet and trying to head butt her! She was definitely going to be the winner in that wrestling match though. I think she had a good 5 pounds over Owen! She's a little bruiser! One of the other girls whose baby is 4 months was saying how she was really enjoying the CEFE class that they go to. I think Owen and I may need to do something like that. I was resisting because I didn't want to commit to something that may interfere with his schedule but he would probably be okay. He is probably getting to a point where he should have some contact with his peers. And I can make some friends with women who have children besides all my bloggin' buddies!
Have a great Saturday everyone!

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

those stamps sound so neat.. i love unmounteds too.. hugs,