Monday, December 04, 2006

It's up!

Our tree is up. We put it up last night. I was able to get 5 strings of lights on it! This year we borrowed a tree from my mom. She has a newer Douglas Fir that is nicer than the really old tree I have that was my grandparents. I feel bad about not putting it up though. I was able to get 5 stings of lights up on the new one though. I'm going to watch after Christmas sales and see if I can get a new one with the lights already on it. Putting the lights on is my least favorite part. But this tree was so much easier to do than our old one. I love the look and smell of real ones but I can't bear to kill a tree just to put it up in our livingroom for a few weeks. And since we are going to MT for a week we wouldn't be able to enjoy it for as long. When Owen is older we will get a real one.
Owen was napping when we started putting the tree up. He was fascinated when he got up and saw it though! We didn't hang any ornaments on the lower limbs because he will be able to reach them. I also left of the white beaded garlands I usually put on. Our tree doesn't have a theme. Just a lot of treasured ornaments. I don't put them all up either. Some I just like to take out and remember where they came from. Here are some photos of Owen and my favorite ornaments.The star ornament I've had for a long time. I got it when I was little. It's my favorite ornament. The pudding cup with the little pipe cleaner santa in it I made in preschool. The ruby slipper is for the Wizard of Oz, my favorite movie, and the mushroom is just dang cute! It reminds me of gnomes. Which I love. I don't have any gnome ornaments though.
Now I need to tend to my wiggly guy and work on some projects today. Time is quickly slipping away from me and I have a lot of projects!

7 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

I love your tree, and that pic of owen looking at the lights is so gorgeous! You gotta scrap that one!

Sofia said...

Your tree looks great and I love the pictures. :-) I really like the star ornament too.

Noelia said...

I love that your tree has lots of lights! I know it's a lot of work but it looks so magical doesn't it? Your ornaments are so unique, my favorite is the ruby sliper, so original. Love the pics of your little guy too!

Note to self: Must take Christmas tree out of storage...

Lynn said...

Your tree looks awesome Heather, and I just love the photo with Owen playing with the string of lights. His whole face is glowing. I just love it!

Anonymous said...

love, love, love it! Dana

Anonymous said...

love your tree!!
you really have some nice pictures of the ornaments.
very pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, just popped over to see what your up to.. Just love these gorgeous photo's.. Your tree is devine...
I love your cute little profile pic too..