Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Humpf day...

It is 7:26am and Owen is still sleeping. THAT NEVER HAPPENS! And it's only because he was up at 1am and 4am.

Yesterday was a trying day. He was up at 6am. Not a good wake up time for me. He was into everything and a real pain in the butt too. We were looking at pictures on the computer and I went into the bathroom to wash my hands. When I came back out he had scribbled with ink pen across the wood desk the computer is on. I got a bit upset (I love this desk, my uncle made it) and took him to the corner in the living room. I went back to the study to clean up the ink (came out with a good scrubbing of Ajax dish soap) and went back to talk to Owen. While he was in the corner he wet his underpants, which he had on without a diaper. AHHHHHHH! Ink and pee! I did not get upset about that but he was also not too concerned about the wet underwear. The plastic pants are in the mail. Hopefully they will arrive soon.

Then while we getting ready to leave for our tot class playdate at the park I was loading some snacks into the bag and he saw the crackers and started screaming "crackers, crackers, crackers!!! I told him we were going to leave in just a moment and that he could have the crackers in the car. This seemed to escalate the screaming and then I started screaming and then he started crying and finally I had him just sit down on the floor by the door and wait, just WAIT for me to put his shoes on. Sheesh! I was speaking his most fluent language! I'm just waiting for the spanish the kick in in his brain and then I won't have any idea what he's talking about!

I said a few prayers last night and this morning for a better day. It has to be a better day...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo, girl I can so relate. If it's any consolation things get easier (or at least hard in a different way) as they get older.

Theresa said...

hugs to you and hopes that today is a better day! my dd is just an infant, so i'm enjoying the 2AM and 6AM feedings pretty regularly!

Mrs Pretzel said...

Uhhh! I hope you have a better day today!! Those kinda days are the PITS. no way around it.

Noelia said...

Oh Heather, I've had so many days like that with Joshua when I just want to plug my ears with a carrot and let him scream to the top of his lungs and I can just mock him and say "I can't hear you, I can't hear you!" So frustrating. Sometimes I think it will never end but then I remind myself that soon he will be in school ;)

Hope you have a better day tomorrow. I've been trying to find your adress to send you a postal but I haven't been able to :(
Can you send me your addy to my danandnoelia e-mail so I can do that please? Can't wait to chat with you again and see what you've been up to. Seems like you've been creating a ton, that's always a good thing. And love that new banner of yours :)

Alyssa said...

OMGosh...I think we are having the same thing over at my house. This morning I just told my husband that you can kiss your nice things good bye, cause one way or another, the kids are destroying our stuff!

emily said...

{hugs} I hope today was better :) I don't know how mom's do it. It really is the hardest job out there.

Darleen said...

hope tomorrow is a better day, after reading your post, i'm guessing that he's 2ish??? welcome to the roller coaster of life!

jillconyers said...

Today will be a better day :) How's that for a positive attitude?

Easy for me to say...right? LOL

toners said...

Those can be trying days, especially after an early start. (((hugs))) for a better day today!

Krissynae said...

You two had a pretty rough day. I hope it gets better.

Barbara Eastwick said...

Oh Boy - Do I remember those days. My baby boy - screaming because he didn't understand why he wasn't getting his way! He's autistic, so there was a little of that in there - not just being 2 or 3. But last month he graduated from High School, Magna Cum Laude - and you know - I think I would willingly go back to any one of those day with him yelling. I miss my little boy - even though I love my big boy so much!