Friday, May 16, 2008

More flowers for Friday...

It's another day of pictures! Maybe I just don't have as much to write about recently! Yesterday evening Morgan planted some broccoli and cabbage in the garden. Owen helped. He loves to help in the garden. He kept looking at me and saying "dirt" "dirt".

I have a few pots of pansies that I planted for Owen's birthday party. I've been trying to keep them watered so they don't die. I have a problem with keeping up on that! Here's one of them. They are a bit tricky to photograph. They are pretty small, violas more than pansy, and I have to get very close and with the macro lens the closer I am the more still I need to be. The breeze and my own movement make it trick to do it. Today maybe I'll get out the tripod.

Here are more lily pictures. For all of these I used the tripod. I also took them outside for better, natural lighting.






I apologize of you are tired of seeing them! I just think they are beautiful. Probably the most beautiful flowers I've ever gotten. And as I mentioned the other day they smell divine!

Our lilac is starting to get buds on it so maybe I'll take some pictures of those today. We are going on vacation in a couple weeks so I hope they bloom before then. I love lilacs.

I was reading a great post on Emily's blog yesterday. She was talking about realistic drawings, which she does. But also how there is some perfectionism involved in that art form. When I was in high school I did a lot of drawing of flowers and it was frustrating for me not to get them exactly the way I saw them. Eventually I stopped drawing. Which brings me to why I love photography. It is always my goal to capture with my camera what I see with my eyes. While that may sound simple it's actually quite a challenge given the greater range of light and color our eyes see in comparison to the camera. There is an art to using a camera as well as all the technical aspects of it. I can use my hands and my knowledge of my camera and my image editing software to capture what I see with my eye and my mind's eye and it satisfies my techiness and my creative side!

Oh, and Owen has started saying his name! It sounds like Ooowinn. Long o sound at the beginning kind of drawn out. I also have a cute video of him dancing that I need to edit so I can post.

Hope you all have a great Friday. Our weather has been beautiful here so I'm planning to open up all the windows again and let the fresh air and sunshine in!

13 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

U are right. those are some gorgeous pictures! fyi, my own sb/stamping garage sale is happening at my house tomorr.. if ur interested.. email me at bonnieangel1797@gmail.com if u need more info.. or dbl click on my name on 2peas.. and check out my 2peas blog.. my info is on there! I love gardening too!

Sarah Coggins said...

I love seeing your photos! Whether of Owen in the dirt :D or the lovely flowers. Always a pleasure. And, you are right - photography is an art. You have a wonderful eye for it. :)

Janet said...

Oh, my gosh! Your flower photos are stunning! And the pictures of Owen are just adorable. Can't wait to catch up on your recent blog posts! Have a great weekend, Heather!

Lorie said...

Beautiful flowers!! And the garden looks fun!

Unknown said...

Great photos. What kind of camera do you have. And your son is soooooo adorable.

Darleen said...

your pics. are gorgeous!! and your flowers are even more beautiful. thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I'm just a pea dropping in to say that your photography is gorgeous! The flowers are lovely and there's nothing better than a cute little boy in the dirt! - Mary

toners said...

More amazing photos :) Owen is so cute in the yard! And the flowers are just stunning.

Lida said...

I love your pictures Heather you are so talented and those flowers are simply stunning!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cute cute cute. Hey, is Oh When (LOL) plumping up a bit? Bet he's fixing to GROW taller! Don't be buying him any clothes right now, girl, I know the Plump UP look when I see it. He's so adorable.

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness! I just love all your photos!!! Owen just looks adorable as always. I bet he sounds so cute saying his name.

The flower photos are perfect. It makes me want to smell them. The Lilacs here are blooming already, booo whoo.. They'll be gone soon.

I'm glad that you guys are getting some nice weather. The weather here has been pretty unpredicatable lately.

Linda said...

Your flower photos are beautiful!

Noelia said...

Those flowers are heavenly! I will never tire of your pics, they're fabulous! I never heard of that type of drawing that Emily does, I'll go check it out.