Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all of you fellow Mother's had a wonderful day and got to do something on your list of enjoyable activities. This morning we went for a skate. We had lunch with my mom and sis this afternoon and then spent sometime relaxing with each other the rest of the day and ended with the evening service at church. Morgan's out getting ice cream right now!

On Friday I bought myself a Mother's Day present! I got a new bra! (Mag, Lori & Nik, I know you are so proud right now!) It's a Bra-llelujah! by Spanx. After Owen's doctor appointment we went to the mall to kill some time before meeting Morgan for dinner. I decided to go to Von Maur and check out bras. The very helpful sales girl measured me and brought me a selection of bras. None of which were right. I mentioned I wanted something that would slim my back a bit and she said she had one that might be good and that she thought was very comfortable. She returned with the Bra-llelujah! It IS comfortable. Even with underwire, which I had sworn off! The straps are self adjusting and here's the best part (well, one of them) I FILL THE WHOLE CUP! A "C" cup even! Turns out I was wearing the wrong size (imagine that)! So I dropped $62 on a bra and left a happy girl! The whole experience was great. Even with Owen along. (he had a few cars to play with). Except for the teenage girls who were cussing in the fitting room. I would have said something but I was in my bra and jeans and it was enough for me to let the sales girl see me that way. Owen didn't seem to hear/notice the cussing so I let it go.

Well, Morgan is back so I'm off to eat a little Ben & Jerry's and finish celebrating my day!

3 comments:

Alli said...

I just love the bra name LOL

jillconyers said...

A bra that fits well makes all the difference :) The name is hilarious!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wowzers, that's just a huge amount of money for a bra, but hey, if it works, I'm happy for ya. I would need 5 of them though, geez, that's $300. Sometimes, I think it'd be cheaper and easier just to have the suckers cut off! LOL

Okay, miss enabler, I'm off to my freezer to scoop out some Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate...gladyou had a good M-Day!