Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Somedays...

I get tired of being the mommy. Real tired. Physically and mentally. Enough so that I'd rather be at work. Somewhere where people are not climbing on my body and thinking it's funny when I tell them to STOP! Or crying when it's time to take a nap. Or wanting to eat every 15 minutes but then only having a nibble of something. Or deciding the best place to sleep is in fact ON mommy. Today is not a good mommy day for me.

The other night Owen was very upset about going to bed. He started climbing out of his crib. He's not done this before and I don't want him to fall because it's a long way. He ended up sleeping with us. Last night we decided to take the front rail thing off his crib and got a guard to put on so he won't fall out. He wouldn't sleep in the bed. He HAD to be with me. I don't know if he senses that things aren't right around here lately or if he's going trough a phase but whatever it is I'm tired of it. He's been a mostly good sleeper for a long time and now, even though he's tired, he won't do it. I'm at the end of my rope. I just put him down for a nap 15 minutes ago and I've had to tie the door shut so he stays in. I've told him to get back into his bed twice. Oh, and then I find out this morning that his crib has been recalled. Great. Freakin' great. So we will get a voucher for a new crib. I DON'T NEED A NEW CRIB! This recall stuff irritates me. There are constantly recalled children's products. Why can't they stop making crap in the first place! In the end it costs MORE than if they had used quality materials in the first place. Sheesh. You don't need a business or economics degree to figure that out.

Last night we also got the Elmo's Potty Training video. Highly recommended by my sister--in-law. Owen loves it. He's watched it 4 times now. He says "pee-pee" and "woo-woo". But he's not putting them IN the chair!

I just don't have the patience to bed train and potty train all at the same time. Oh, and our AC is broken. It's 83˚ out with a forecasted high of 89˚. And not a dry heat either. This is after all Minnesota! Fortunately my mom's friend Steve is coming to take a look at it this afternoon. Hopefully it's just something we've overlooked or easy to fix. Something has to go right this week. Right!?

The crying has stopped. I'm going to take a nap...

6 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

Heather, hoping you're having a better day.. big hugs!

Sarah Coggins said...

((HUGS)) Hoping you are able to get that nap and the a/c gets fixed. Hang in there.

Janet said...

Oh, dear...you're having a no good, very bad day! You and your family are under a lot of stress right now, and that makes everything much harder.

FWIW, we had trouble with dd in the crib, too. She didn't climb out but hated it. We ended up putting her in a twin bed with side rails much sooner than we expected to, and she loved it. We didn't have to worry about her falling, and she stayed in it just fine since it was her "big girl bed".

emily said...

I hope your day has gone uphill...your job is the HARDEST one going! No breaks, no nothing! Sending you a hug!

Alli said...

can you ask them for a voucher rather than one just for another of the same crib..it does get easier, I know it doesn't seem like that right now but be kind to yourself

sorry to hear the news about your aunt

toners said...

I'm just catching up on blogs after a long weekend away...I hope things are better for you very soon! I remember how tough these things can be...