Monday, April 28, 2008

Shorts...

Because someday in Minnesota, it's going to be spring (and stay spring), I bought Owen new shorts. Or what I thought were shorts.

Exactly how long do these clothing manufacturers think toddler legs are?? Because to me, these are babypris. You know, like capri pants FOR A BABY! I guess it's okay though, because this look is "in" for youth. Underwear (or diaper WITH Elmo) showing and not much leg. It's what the kid walking down the street was wearing the other day. He was older though, so I call those manpris. Which I really don't get. Oh, and he was holding them up with his hand. Which I also don't get.

Owen is hoping for this spring weather to return also. He shows this by periodically stripping down to his diaper. He'd take the diaper off too (he has before) if we didn't watch him. Or distract him with something great like playdough.
My mom says it's hard to be a spring baby. Or in her case a summer baby. I guess they don't like to wear clothes. Or so she says. And if you look carefully in the lower right corner you can see just a bit of his navy blue socks! It's his "old man" look. Diaper and dark socks. Sometimes just one sock. Because these he can remove himself. The rest of his clothes he just tugs at and starts to throw a fit until someone figures out what he wants and then removes his clothes. He reminds me of my cousin who used to strip down to just his underwear whenever and wherever he wanted. Mostly at an inconvenient time. Like in the car on the way to a store. My mom used to call him "shortsman".

Here's another shot of my little man and my big man and our Saturday night dinner. Homemade pizza. Which at the bar & grill place over by the mall is called Homade pizza. You know, made by hoes. (And I don't mean garden implements). Morgan made up another whole story about this but I won't share it with you because it went bad fast. Suffice it to say any story Morgan makes up about hoes is bad.

Which brings me to another great feature of the iMac. The Dashboard. An iMac has a mouse with a little rollerball. And when you press this rollerball a screen appears over the desktop with a bunch of different features called Widgets or mini programs. You can do it using a function key too, or any hot key you set. I know, you PC people's heads are probably spinning right now! It will be okay. Click HERE to read more about it. Anyway, if you look at the picture above there is a dictionary widget. And you type in what you are looking for and the definition pops up. I use it all the time to check spelling or meaning while I'm blogging. The only down fall is that it doesn't recognize approximations of spelling so if I don't spell it right or get close enough for words to start popping up I have to google it instead. But 8 out of 10 times it works great. It doesn't do grammar though. I try to make sure all my words are spelled correctly but as for grammar, I just do my best. I'm sure my commas are all over the map here! I'd have the grammar police (Morgan) check my entries by then I'd never get anything posted. The grammar police are slow responders.

Anyway...

Maureen's challenge for today is to finish this statement: I remember when...

I had to use a BOOK to look up words!

10 comments:

jillconyers said...

I remember the toddler days oh so well :) DS always looked like that in baby capris...I mean shorts.

mborrero said...

Babypris so cute

Darcey said...

What a cutie your little boy is!

Dan said...

I love your little man's babypris! I just love that size of shorts so much. Dan wears the manpris too lol! I know you're not a fan ;)
Yeah I love the little dashboard too. I have other things added too and customized but I almost never bother with my dictionary...I'm lazy hehe

Lida said...

Your boy is so cute, I love looking at his pictures and he looks adorable in his babypris!!
I want a MAC sooo bad!!

Noelia said...

Heather! I didn't notice that DAN had been logged in with HIS blog and I left you a comment with his profile!!! LOL!!! So DAN above is really ME...so so weird!

Linda said...

Your ds is so cute in his shorts! I love the iMac dashboard, lots of fun stuff there.

mborrero said...

Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus was my brain child and it is made with chickpeas.

Gina said...

Aww, how cute does Owen look in his babypris!!!! I am loving his plump little feet in that pic.

And totally LOL'ing that Homade pizza on the menu! Your version ('mom-made') looks pretty tatsy!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Owen is so cute, love how he has his hand on his hip with the pizza. And that's a great Morgan pic, too.

Um, Heath, PC's can do all that too. Those progs are just memory-resident. But, I'll just let ya think your Mac is better, that's cool.

winkwink